Friday, May 22, 2020

Lines Lines Nothing But Lines

Standing in line sucks. 

And after a long day at work.
The last thing I want to do is stand in line to buy something at my own job. 

So if I notice that there's a ton of customers waiting to buy things towards the end of my shift.
I usually hold off on buying things myself.
Because at that point in the day.
I'm tired and I just want to go home.

And usually there's no rush to the things I want to buy.
As those things are usually fish.
And since the fish aren't currently on sale right now....I have less of an urge to buy them. Or anything else really. Most of the time I can wait until the next sale starts to see if there's anything that I want that goes on sale. 

The exception to this is usually if someone else needs me to pick up things. 

Because if they need it and I'm seeing them that day....I can't really push it off until tomorrow. 

It feels like I've been waiting in line every day this past week. *exhales*

Not really. But it does.
As Yesterday Daddoo wanted me to pick up some fish for him.
And today, my roomie needed me to grab some fish food for her fish. 

Which meant...waiting in line.

Normally not that big of a deal.

As the lines are usually only three or four people long.
Nothing too crazy.

Of course...that was under normal circumstances. We would call for a backup cashier after the third person jumps in line.

However, due to short staff and all the tasks we need to do...
We now only call for backup cashier when there's more than like...eight people in line.

Again.
Not that big of a deal...because business hasn't been busy....that I was aware of.

Like it does get busier in the afternoons as people get off work.
But I don't usually see that.

However. 
For whatever reason. 4pm is a popular time for people to want to buy things.

As both yesterday and today when 4pm rolled around...the lines at register got super long.

Like 8 people if not longer long.
*exhales* 

Long enough that it took a good 15 minutes if not longer to get through the lines.
Not helped at all by the fact that our registers kept spazzing out.
So checking out people went slower than usual as well.

*exhales*
Waiting in line is not fun.
Especially after a long day at work.
But at least I got the things my daddoo and my roomie wanted so yay that. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment