Monday, May 25, 2020

Bitten

I got bit by a hamster today.

Which isn't an unusual thing to have happen considering I work in a petstore.
Getting bit is kinda part of the job.

Though I do my best to avoid it.
Now mostly I get bit by parakeets (not as often as I used to but they are the ones most likely to bite me) when I try to catch them. (cus they're evil.)

Hamsters though?
It's been forever since I've been bitten by one.
I feel like it's months if not at least a year.

It's hard to know.

In any case.
This morning while I was trying to give a hamster some medicine.
Which hamsters are notorious for not liking to take their medicine.

When he whirled around and bit me.
Right on the finger.

*exhales*
Which makes my job harder because it drew blood...so I needed to wear a band-aid.
Which when I work with fish and have to clean their tanks...and catch them for customers...it's rather difficult to keep a band-aid dry...

I managed it.
But it made my job a bit harder to accomplish. *exhales*

Mostly because the bite was on my right hand.
And I wear a watch on my left.

So I don't usually place my left hand in water because I don't want my watch getting wet (and it's a habit now after the infection I got in my left hand a few years back to not get it wet)
So my right hand is the one that gets wet.

Today it was my left hand though as I was the only one in my department the entire day and I needed to get all the opening tasks done which included scrubbing tanks.

And I managed to go the entire day without getting the band-aid wet! Woot!
Though I did take it off as soon as I got home.
And promptly forgot about the small bite on my finger.

Until closer to sunset.
When I accidentally brushed the wound.
And it hurt.

But did I think about the bite?
Nope.
I was like "Oh, I wonder if I got a splinter!"
Only to look at my finger and see the bite wound instead. *shakes head*

Silly me.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment