Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Surprise Capture

So a while ago...sometime last year...multiple times throughout the year...we had leopard geckos get out of their cage. 
I'm still not sure how they managed to escape it the wily creatures. 

And while we did find most of them...either alive....or dead....I'm pretty sure we didn't find all the ones that managed to sneak out. 

And that was proven to be true a few weeks ago.
When my manager was doing dishes behind the fish wall and happened to look down and see a full grown leopard gecko hanging out by her feet.

Unfortunately, she was surprised enough to see it that the leopard gecko managed to slip into a narrow spot where she couldn't reach it and vanish from there. 

I honestly didn't expect to see that leopard gecko again for at least another six months.
As they're active at night. 
And aren't likely to be moving around the store in plain site when there's customers and dogs and such wandering around.

So you can imagine my surprise this morning.
When I went into our New Arrivals room to check in on the animals there and give them food and water.....to find a large Leopard Gecko right by my left foot!

I opened the door, flipped on the light, and there he was! 

Carefully I bent down and gently scooped him up.

Lol he was rather calm all things considering.
Didn't really try to bite...though the longer I held him the more often he would open his mouth to show he wasn't as happy. 

He probably isn't happy to be confined to a temporary cage.
I mean...bonus side he doesn't have to haunt for food and has a constant heat source now.
Downside is that a ten gallon tank is a far cry from running around the entire store. 

*shakes head*
Still.
I'm glad we found him!
He appears to be in good health at least! Super chubby too. He's definitely been eating well on the loose bugs in the store. 

Now we just need to get him a good home. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment