Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Increasing Rates

I went grocery shopping earlier today.
To pick up some watermelon for a get together that my family is having this weekened.

And like....
It's interesting and very frustrating to see how lax people are becoming about keeping themselves safe in public. 
Like, my state never went into a firm lockdown. Masks have always been 'recommended' but not required for customers. 

But with our state moving up from red to orange to yellow and are trying to fight for green....less and less people are wearing masks anymore.

Which isn't great. Because like...our cases have tripled if not quadrupled in the past couple of weeks.
Where we used to have cases in the 100s every day, now the cases frequently top 300-400 cases a day.

That's not a good thing.

Cases are increasing....and yet my state isn't doing anything to help prevent the spike from happening.
We're still in yellow.

And like...we should go back to red.
Like we spent a good month and a half with cases in the 100s. Cases hadn't even begun to go down before the state was like "Okay let's move to orange! Now yellow!" 
And like there are counties in my state that are pushing to be given the 'green' go ahead.
Even when they had a huge spike in cases like four days earlier.

*exhales*

I'm just....frustrated. 
Watching people ignore guideliens.
Watching people wanting to express their 'freedom'
Who don't think 'it's that bad'

Like yah...our state isn't 'that bad' compared to other states. We haven't yet topped 15k cases which compared to other states is pretty good.

But the cases are increasing as more people are getting out. Not wearing masks. Not practicing social distancing.
It's just....*exhales*

Frustrating. 

Like I get how people can have such an attitude. A "it's fine the economy is yellow that means we're good to go do more things!" as I was in such a frame of mind myself back in Feb/March when the virus was starting to be more serious. 

But having to be an 'essential worker' for the last four-five months......
I really just wish people would continue to stay home. Stay distant. 
As the more people who come out the more people who are at risk.
Because you never know who around you may be sick, who may be a carrier.

And I would think it would be better to keep your risk low...rather than playing Russian roulette with it. 

Guess we'll see....
But I expect the usage of masks will continue to decrease even as cases continue to increase.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment