Thursday, June 4, 2020

Exhaustion

I kinda figured I would crash and burn today.
I mean, when I realized that I would be working seven days in a row...I kinda figured that would be the case.
As I tend to get...tired, exhausted, worn out, if I work too many days in a row without breaks.
And with how topsyturvy my schedule has been the past month. With my days off being randomly throughout the week instead of my usual days...
It really was only a matter of time before the days off would work out in such a fashion...that I would end up being scheduled to work seven days in a row before I would get a break.

Which really. It only occurs when I'm scheduled to work Sundays as that's a rare event in of itself.
But one that occurred this past week because I was needed to help with some planner resets as the stocking manager is gone on vacation this week and we needed to get as many of them done as we could.

And considering the entire weekend was like...going hard....I'm not surprised that I've been getting more worn out as the days have progressed. Though the week did go by far quicker than I expected as it's weird to think it's already Friday...as it feels like last Friday was only a couple days ago....

But having spent Saturday helping to stock the store.
And Sunday resetting planners for the endcaps.
And Monday taking down and putting up new sale tags.
On top of spending the entire week working my 'old shift schedule' which meant I wasn't getting as much sleep as before because I've been going to bed at the same time but have had to get up earlier because my shifts start earlier...
Along with all the mental and emotional stress from events happening both in the store at home and in the world right now....

It's really was only a matter of time before my body demanded that I stop and take a break.

Which it did in the usual manner of giving me a migraine. XP which is not helpful at all when it strikes in the middle of work. *exhales*
It was bad enough that I could barely tolerate wearing my face mask today as it seemed like the loop for my left ear would put just the 'right' amount of pressure on the ear to trigger the headache to get worse.
So I ended up having the masking hanging from my right ear most of the day, and I would only put it on to cover my face when customers came near. 

But the entire work shift was a struggle.
Not only was I struggling with a migraine.
But my entire body was aching. Especially my feet.
After all I've been on them seven days in a row. *exhales* 
And I was just like...so tired.
So tired to the point where I asked my manager if I could take a fifteen minute break because a) headache but b) I was literally struggling to stay awake and figured if I could just rest for 15 minutes I would be able to gather enough energy to work for a couple more hours until I could take my lunch break.

So yah...it's been a 'long' week even though it feels like it's been rather short.
I'm looking forward to finally having a day off.
Where I can just chill, let myself relax, and recover from a straight week of work. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment