Sunday, June 21, 2020

Fresh from the Garden

One of my favorite things about going to Daddoo's house, is when it's that time of year that the garden is producing. 
So you can just wander into the backyard and grab a handful of peas, or pick some tomatoes, eat grapes from the vine, pick a bushel of raspberries, etc.
It's great.

This time around it was the peas that were ready.
Which it was awesome to just sit on the raised wall surrounding the bed of peas and just pick peas to eat to my heart's content (and risk spoiling my dinner by having too many) 

Especially because the last few years, it's been getting too hot far too quickly. 
So we get only one crop, maybe two, before the peas are done for the year.

Which is a shame. Because I love fresh peas from the garden. 

So I was grateful to be able to have access to them this year.
As unfortunately due to the heat...the batch currently in place...is the last of the season. 
Foo.

But! I got to eat a ton of them!
So there's that. ^^;; 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment