Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Customers are Crazy

Customers are such weird creatures.

Like it's probably the mindset of "the customer is always right" (they're not) that has them acting the way they do.
But like...it's crazy how there are so many people who like...take offense to being told what to do while they're in our store. 

Mostly when it comes to boundaries. And like my store isn't that crazy. We're not requiring people to wear masks (though we wish they would) or limiting the amount of people in the store or anything. 
Like our main boundaries are that we have these lines around the animal cages and such to keep people from coming up and pressing their hands and such against the glass. To keep cross contamination to a minimum. Because if people touch the same spot and then touch their faces...there's a chance they could get sick.

But customers don't seem to get that.
They don't see the lines.
And then get offended when we tell them to step back.

Like I am seriously questioning how well the people in my state can see.

Because their number one complaint about being asked to take a few steps back from the glass is "How can I see (animal) from here!" 

Like with the fish we only have maybe a 2 feet barrier? If you can't see the fish from two feet away...maybe you need to go get your eyes checked? Because I don't understand how you can't see the fish. 
The other animals I could see kinda because a) rodents and reptiles love to hide during the day and b) they have to stand six feet from those cages. 
So I get why people feel the need to come right up to the cages to try and see the animals. 
But the fish? Not so much.

In any case.
It's also amazing how people don't listen either when I tell them to stand behind the lines.

Like one customer was like "Well if I can't LOOK i'm not gonna buy any fish."
And another customer today was like "We're together as a family! We don't need to stand six feet apart!" 

*exhales*
Like all I literally say is "Please stand behind the blue line." 
No where in there do I say "You cannot look at the animals." 
No where in there do I say "You need to stand six feet away from all the people around you." 
All I say is "Please stand behind the blue line."

Yet people are so quick to take offense to it. To the fact that we don't want them standing so close to the cages/tanks. That we don't want them touching the glass. 

*exhales*

It's exhausting really. 
Mentally exhausting.
That customers are so quick to take offense.
Like guys.
We're doing this for your safety.
For our safety.

It's not like we're purposely setting out to make customer's lives more difficult. 
We're just trying to do what we can to keep people safe.

Though I do think we need to reapply and readjust the tape we have on the floor marking how far people need to stand from the cages. As it is getting rather dingy and scuffed up.

Maybe put down tape in a different color. That's more noticeable to people. 
Of course. People apparently never look down at the ground or are able to read...soooo
Who knows how successful that would be.

But yah...I'm just...tired of customers. How crazed they can be. How nonunderstanding some of them are to the pandemic going on. 

Honestly I can't wait for a break from work. Because I would love to just have two weeks by myself off in the mountains away from people. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment