Friday, June 26, 2020

Headache Woes

Migraines are never fun, especially the ones that are bad enough that they make it difficult to stay asleep because my head's aching hard enough to keep waking me up.
Last night was one of those nuclear migraines.
The one where I can't decide if my stomach is nauseous or hungry.
The one were showers don't help to ease the pain.
The one where I''m breathing fast and shallow because it's hard to think about breathing slowly and evenly when your head is pounding away.
I ended up switching between sleeping on the couch downstairs, to the couch upstairs, before ending up in my bed towards the early morning hours so that my roomie leaving for work wouldn't see me dying on the couch.

Thankfully. 
The migraine was fading towards the time the sun began to rise.
Though it did try to come back right before I came into work.

Which thankfully. Work didn't make it get worse. 
Usually getting to work with a migraine...most of the time I can work my muscles out with opening tasks enough to relax them so the migraine fades as most of them are caused by tense muscles.
But also getting distracted with tasks or helping customers can help it to fade most of the time.

Which thankfully was the case today.

However, my manager wasn't soo...lucky today?

I'm not sure if they were suffering from a migraine too though they did state that they get migraines a lot as well.
But no. My manager was experiencing dizziness? To the point of fainting/blacking out.

Like it got to the point where my manager was lying in the dark on the floor in the manager's office because they didn't feel well. :( 

Which sucks.
Like I haven't been there with the dizziness.
but I have been there with the needing to lie down and to be in the dark. 

I did what I could to help ease their discomfort, got some ice cold water from the vet's water machine thingy and putting it in an unused water bottle I had handy in my locker so my manager could put the cold water on their forehead or under their neck.
I also grabbed a couple of small blankets left over from corporate's gift from Christmas last year so that my manager could rest their head on something softer than the hard concrete floor.

I don't know when they ended up leaving.
but they had someone come pick them up so that they could go see the doctor as the dizziness wasn't a good sign for them.
(Manager didn't have a temperature, the vet checked that.) 

But yah.
Seems like a rough day overall for a bunch of people.

Thankfully my own migraine has come and gone.
I can only hope that my manager is feeling better too. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment