Sunday, August 9, 2020

Back to Church

 It's my second time going back to church since the pandemic shut everything down.

As my ward is large enough that we've needed to be split up.

So I only meet up for church every other week.

Which is more often than other wards. 

Like I think the rest of my family only meets once a month in their wards.

So I suppose meeting twice a month is pretty good.

Though I do admit I was rather nervous to go.

After all my first experience was kinda stressful, with having people forget that social distancing extends front and back instead of just side to side and have someone sit directly behind me and my roomies.

With that in mind....I was hesitant.

I've said quite often that I don't like new things.

And the new set up at church is still quite new. 

New enough that it will probably make me nervous for the next little bit until I can establish what the expectations for each meeting will be. 

But. Forgoing my natural inclination to 'avoid the new' I did go to church today with my roomie. 

And we were careful.

More diligent in choosing our seats this time.

So that we would't have anyone sit too close to us again by accident.

Which meant that we ended up sitting on the back row in one of the sections. So that we could ensure that no one sat behind us and it was pretty clear in front of us that that row wasn't offlimits...though they had gotten rid of the tape markers this time. 

I still have to say that I was kinda on edge through the meeting. 

But again, it's just me getting reestablished with what the expectations with church are.

And with it being a similar set up as a couple of weeks ago.

It will probably be easier to go in two weeks when my half of the ward can meet up again.

Still.

It's so weird.

So weird to not sing the hymns.

So weird to have only one speaker.

So weird to have the meetings be so short.

But I am grateful for the precautions being taken to keep us safe and be able to feel the spirit. 

Hopefully things continue to improve. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment