Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Finishing Midnight Sun

 It took me a little bit longer than I expected to to read Midnight Sun.

I suppose it's because I had just gotten off work and was tired so I wasn't reading as fast as I knew I could.

But even being around 600 pages long. I had expected to be able to read it all within around 6 hours.

I only managed to get about halfway through the book though, last night, before I had to call it so that I could get some sleep and actually be awake for work this morning.

Which meant that I had to wait until after my shift today to continue reading.

And ah.

It's been forever---ish....since I've just sat and read a book all day.

I mean I used to do it all the time throughout Jr. High and High School. 

But nowadays?

I usually tend to focus on writing instead of reading lol.

And I say 'ish' because I have been doing a bit of fanfic reading online. And those books online have taken me all day to read them.

But it's been forever since I've held a physical copy of a book in my hand and just spent the day reading and neglecting everything else. ^^;; 

And I finished it!

Woot!!

And I have to say, overall Midnight Sun was pretty cool to read.

It was awesome getting to see Edward's side of the story and see a bit more of his interactions with his family and see more personality in the Cullens. As well as get a bit more backstory and such. 

His pov left me craving to read the other books from his perspective.

Though honestly, I think the main scene I would want to read from his pov is the part in Breaking Dawn where Bella finally shows him her thoughts.

Like I can only imagine the flurry of emotions that went through him when he could hear her for that first time. 

So yah.

It was a great read.

It had it's flaws for sure. Moments that I thought detracted from the story.

But overall it was just awesome to read from a vampire's perspective and see how differently they react, especially seeing how Edward's and Alice's abilities can work together.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment