Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Bad Vibes All Around

The more I hear about my sister store....
The less I want to go over and help at that location.

Like.
I know that they're struggling.
That they have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to getting the store back to perfection.

But from how the place is described.

I honestly don't know if I have the energy emotionally, physically, or mentally to deal with the dark heart of bad vibes this place seems to be. 

Like...
I discovered today that the store...has gone down to 2 managers.
When there should be like six of them there.
Only 2 managers are left.

I don't know if they had all 6 there when the RM came into town.
But I do know that the head manager was fired.

And I discovered that the Stocking Manager...as soon as they heard that the RM was coming into the building....walked out.
Like. Left the store to never return.

Which upon seeing the state of our sister store....I'm pretty sure the RM would have fired them if they stayed. 

Still.
It's kinda intense.
Like the last time I heard of a store loosing nearly all it's managers like that....
Was right before I got hired on at my store.
They'd apparently fired all but one manager just before I was hired.
So the managers I started with were all new to the store besides the one.

And like...we have gone down to like...four managers? I think....when managers ended up quitting or transferring or getting fired around the same time.

But we haven't gone down to two. 

So I can better see why my managers have been working overtime to cover shifts at the other store.
Because you can't run a store on just 2 managers seven days a week.
Those managers need to have a couple of days off sometime.

It's just crazy.
I hear that they have a mountain of invoices that haven't been received.
I hear that there's like 4 shopping carts piled high with out of date product.
The store is also apparently filthy.
And the receiving area still has a ton of product that needs to go out on the shelves.

But like.
On top of that. 
While one of my managers and one of my coworkers was there, one of their workers yelled at my coworker about stocking.

Like...you guys haven't properly stocked your shelves in 8 months and you're yelling at my employee?
My manager put their foot down and was like "If you have an issue bring it to me, but you do not yell at my employees or treat my employees in such a fashion."
Apparently that worker who yelled at mine....walked out after that conversation.

So yah.

The store is just a mess.

And I find myself really reluctant to go subject myself to a place that just seems to be filled with negative energy.

*exhales*

It's crazy.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment