Friday, August 28, 2020

Waiting or Not

It's kinda crazy how people manage to end up all at the same place at the same time.
Like my department can be dead for hours, but then suddenly four different families descend on me needing help all at the same moment.
Or else I pull into a place that's dead and five minutes later six other cars pull in behind me.

But the frustrating thing tends to be the rushes at the registers.
As lately they've been occurring right as I get off work.

Like there will only be one or two people in line at a time.
No need for a backup cashier.

But then the days where I'm like "I really should buy things" it seems like everyone and their mom decides that they need to check out all at the same time so we go from having only one or two people in line to like...ten.

And having dealt with customers all day...I'm not really in the mood, at the end of my shift, to stand in line with other people to wait to be checked out.

No, I'd rather wait and find a slow day where I don't have to wait in line and be at the register and checked out and gone in like two minutes.

But this past week hasn't been that way.
Nope.

Time and time again it's a long line at the register by the time I get off.

*shakes head*

Good thing the things I need to get aren't time sensitive.
I can get them whenever.

But still.
It does get frustrating that it's happened so many times in a row now.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment