Sunday, August 30, 2020

Baked Potato

So a while ago...idr if it was for Christmas or my Birthday last year or what.
But my Grandma Dirchi had given me this cloth bag thing.
Which she told me was to cook potatoes in in the microwave.

Having never done such a thing before I was rather skeptical of how it would go.
And had mostly forgotten that the potato bag thing existed except when I would encounter it in the cupboard while searching for other things.

But a couple of weeks ago my roomie decided that she wanted to have a baked potato for dinner.
And had looked up how to cook it in the oven.
Which took like...45 minutes or so to cook. Maybe an hour? 
I wasn't paying attention to the clock.

But it took forever and I was just like....how do we cook these faster?
And so I looked up how to cook up potato in the microwave, while thinking about the potato bag cooker thing my grandma had made.

And like...it seemed pretty simple.
Wash the potato off.
Poke it full of holes so that it could steam.
Place in microwave for 5 minutes.
And walla! 
Baked Potato!

However, not wanting to step on my roomies toes while she was attempting to cook her own baked potato in the oven. 

So I placed the concept on the back burner for something to try on a different day.
As I hadn't exactly been in the mood for a baked potato that day.

Cue today.
Where I was hungry.
And wanted to eat something more than the slices of bread and granola bars I'd been living off of the past couple of days.
And we had this bag of potatoes.
Which needed to be used.

And like...I wanted to make something quick and easy.
As even attempting to cook Ramen felt like too monumental a task to complete.
As I've been in a bit of a funk the past week.
And cooking just....feels like too much effort. It feels like it takes too much energy.

But a baked potato?
In the microwave.
Not so much.

So I pulled my grandma's cloth bag she'd made out.
Grabbed a potato and rinsed it off and stabbed it full of holes with a fork.
Placed it in the bag.
Placed in the microwave and let it do it's thing.

And when I pulled it out....

SOFT POTATO!

lol I'd read that I might have to microwave it a little longer to get it to fully soften.
But the potatoes I have are small.
So it microwaved just fine!

The only downside...was that the inside of the cloth bag had like...cotton fibers?
And those got stuck to the skin of the potato. 
So it left a lot of fuzzy white stuff on the surface.
Which it was easy enough to peel off the skin ad eat the rest of the potato without issue.

And it was SO GOOD!
lol like why haven't I cooked potatoes in the microwave before?! 
It was quick and easy and I ended up cooking a second potato using the same method a little later on.
Though I changed one little thing.
I wrapped the potato in a papertowel before placing it in the bag.
Which helped to avoid the skin getting covered in white fuzzy stuff.
Huzzah!

Lol Totally felt accomplished with that. ^^;;
Yay for the small things.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment