Friday, August 14, 2020

Not a Good Visit

So on Wednesday, my work went into a bit of a frantic frenzy.
Because we got word that our regional manager had flown into town for a surprise visit to basically come check out how all the stores in our state were doing. 

And that the RM had just left our sister store 20 minutes further up the valley.
Which...
Had to mean that they were coming down to see us next.

Cue total panic (though it wasn't as panicked because the managers on duty are better at controlling their panic than ones I've had previously) 

But it was a rush to make sure everything was faced, up to standard, looking nice, and that we knew the new 'customer engagement' procedure that has gone into effect. 
-The standard way they want us to greet customers and evaluate what they need and such. 

But like...four hours passed.
And there was no sign of said RM.

And thinking it over.
I did wonder if they would actually come into the store at all.
Because our Head Manager is on vacation currently.
And usually if the RM comes into town, they plan to visit when the HM is there.
And they know when the HM is on vacation or not because the HM has to get approval from the higher ups before taking a vacation.

So I wasn't surprised when I came in the next day to find out that the RM had actually headed back out of state after visiting our sister store in the valley. That they never came to our store at all.

*shakes head*
On one hand I'm relieved.
On the other hand, it's rather annoying to have to deal with higher stress and...like not have a pay out? Not have a visit and be told that we're doing good?
Idk. It's frustrating to to have stress be for nothing. (I should be one to know as I stress over small things constantly) 

However.
I am kinda glad that the RM didn't come visit.

Because their visit with our sister store....was not a good visit. 

Like, it's been known for awhile that our sister store has been struggling. 
Before the pandemic at the beginning of the year, there had been talk of having a couple of managers from my store transfer over to our sister store to 'help out.'

It never happened due to well. *gestures around* everything. 

But I'd been hearing more and more customers complaining about our sister store.
Most of it had been because whoever works in my department over there...isn't doing much to make friends or stay in the customers good graces. 

But I've had people comment on the state of the store.
Had people mention that our sister store was...well a mess. Behind on setting new planners for the shelves and such. 


Which on the one hand I can get falling behind.
Because corporate cut a ton of hours. Leaving us all on a skeleton crew for months at a time in the middle of a pandemic.
Like...I can see how there just wouldn't be 'time' to do everything.

Yet at the same time, I think my store is like...twice the size of our sister store....and we've done pretty well on keeping up with the various stocking resets they've had us do. 

But...
It wasn't good enough.
The RM came into our sister store and saw the mess.
Saw that they hadn't set planner.
Saw that they were two months behind on setting the themes for the endcaps of the aisles and such.

And apparently....fired the HM that day because of it. 

Which :S :S It's never fun to be let go of a job.
Especially in the middle of a pandemic.
But yikes.

And really the only reason why I heard that this occured.
Is because corporate is willing to pay people overtime to go work for the next couple of weeks at our sister store. 
To help them with their stocking issues, and with getting the store up to date on their resets and planner and such. 

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to go over and help.
Because on the one hand I want to see our stores do well, and I want to help make our sister store better. Plus like...the extra money from overtime would really help.
At the same time though...I would be working like double shifts. As I would still have my shifts at my store, and then I would head over to our sister store and help them there. 
Which considering how drained I am after I get home from work most days...
idk if I could handle overworking myself like that. 

Plus like...I've been to our sister store a couple of times.
And I really do not like the vibe/energy of the place. *shakes head*
It's always felt 'off' when I've been there (though it's been like a good 3 or 4 years since I've stepped into their store) 
And I can't imagine with the state of things, that the feeling owuld have improved at all.

So yah.
Still debating if I want to go help out or not.
It probably depends on when they need help.
As they hadn't yet figured out if they were wanting the extra help during store hours or after store hours into like graveyard shifts.

So we'll see. If the availability doesn't clash with my own shifts...I may consider helping out once or twice.
We'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment