Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Get to Me

So I got a raise at work yesterday!
Or...well I was told I will be getting a raise.
As it was my yearly review.
So once my official 'year mark' passes.
I'll be getting a pay increase.
So woot!
Yay slightly more money. XD lol.

Of course,
There's always the "Where can I improve" section of the yearly review.
Where the manager gives suggestions on where I could be 'better.'

And this time around.
My manager.
Who's the newest manager to the store. 

Said that I shouldn't let 'my coworkers and customers ''get to me''' and I should give the newbies more time to 'figure things out.'

Which is rather confusing.
Because like....I try to be understanding of my new coworkers.
I recognize that they can't know everything right away.
And I thought I was doing good with our two newest people.
Since they've only been working in the store for like...a month.
And I've interacted with them like maybe six times?
*shakes head*

I haven't done much really with them....

So maybe my manager was referring to other coworkers?

idk.
Customers...yah. There are occasions where I like to complain about the people I have to deal with.
But it's like a....complaining out of love?
Like. "Can you believe so and so asked me if this and that" blah blah blah.

I just like sharing the random encounters I have.

And I do do my best to like...play nice with my coworkers?
To be understanding.

But like...when you're stuck working with the same four people over and over and over and over for like an entire pandemic....
Little things tend to get on your nerves.
Especially when the coworkers I kept working with have a high stress energy that gets on my nerves more quickly than other coworkers in the store.

So like...I do what I can with what I got?

*shakes head*
I mean...if I actually had customers or coworkers 'get to me' I wouldn't still be working at the same job eight years later.

It's a complaint because I care.

But yah.
It was an interesting comment from the manager.

I'll figured it basically means I just need to reign in complaining to that manager about stupid customers.
And also try to keep a better cap on my tone of voice when responding to coworkers.

*shrugs*
We'll see how it goes. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi







No comments:

Post a Comment