Monday, August 31, 2020

Early Morning

It's been forever since I've worked an early early shift.
Like.
Months since I've come into the store before 7am.

And today I had a 5 am shift.

I have to say it was the weirdest thing to get up and have it still be dark out.
As I've been starting my morning shifts late enough that the sun is already close to rising. So it's like dawn/sunrise when I go into work.

Today though?
Still pitch black.
No hint of the sun yet emerging from behind the mountains.

It was weird.
So weird. 

But I was looking forward to working today, despite having had to go to bed earlier than normal to try and get enough sleep (I didn't succeed) before my shift started.

After all, a 5 am shift meant that nearly half of my shift was spent working without having to deal with customers.
It meant I would be getting off work around lunch time.
Leaving plenty of daylight left to do other things.

Lol and I functioned quite well at work.
Getting our pricing and such done pretty quickly...
Until like 1130.

When my body was suddenly like TIRED.
And I felt like I could fall asleep standing up.
And it only got worse as the hour progressed.
Though thankfully it occurred near the end of my shift.
It made it difficult to finish the remaining tasks. *shakes head*

I'm definitely not used to being up so early lol. 

And my body totally rebelled against me because of it.
I ended up crashing for a couple of hours after I got home from work.
And ended up with a headache because of it because I hadn't quite managed to get the 'right' amount of sleep.
Though I was able to get rid of it quickly enough.

I'm rather grateful that that was my only 'early' shift of the week.
And my other morning shifts start late enough that I can get at least 7 hours of sleep without having to fight to feel tired enough to go to sleep lol.

Still. It was nice to spend half my shift without customers.
So nice.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment