Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September 1st

Ah. September.

The month of beginnings.

Which I suppose is just a leftover from school starting around this point.
But it really does feel like a new beginning.
To have September start.
And August end.

As this last week of August....
Was hard.

Not really in a physical way.
Just in a mentally exhausting sort of way.
In a 'I'm not quite sure how to handle things' sort of way.

And when I don't know how to handle a situation, or I don't want to face it.
I've noticed I tend to stop...well....writing.
I find it hard to just sit and settle and think and write....when my mind is troubled.

Because I write to understand.
And there are days where I'm just not ready to face the issue that's plaguing me.

And that's felt like most of August honestly.
I've just...struggled to get into a writing groove.
Which contributes to it's own vicious cycle because I don't do well when I don't write and am unable to write for long periods of time.

But there was just such a ...block.
It was physically exhausting to try and even think about writing.
Like sitting down at the computer and looking at a blank screen just left me going "Nope" and exiting out to do something else.
Like...read...or watch youtube videos.
Something that didn't take as much 'thinking'

So I'm grateful to September.
To a new month.
My month of beginnings. 

I'm already feeling better. More lighthearted. More willing to write than I have been in ages.

And I'm hoping to keep that feeling.

*fingers crossed* that this month goes better.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment