Saturday, September 5, 2020

Stop Taking My Money

You know what's disappointing?

Being told that you're going to be getting a bonus at work.

And work says. "Oh hey! Since you worked during the pandemic, we'll be giving you extra money!"

And they tell you exactly how much money they're going to give you.

And the date they will give you this extra money on.

And then.

You spend the days waiting for that paycheck, thinking what you'll do with all the extra money you got as a bonus.

....

Only for your paycheck to drop.

And the amount is NOT the amount you were told.

It's like...barely over half the amount you were told you would get.

So you're like "Was there a mistake? Did something go wrong? Did they not think I worked as many hours as I actually did?"

No.

It's the stupid government's fault.

Because apparently the Government takes FORTY PERCENT of your bonus away before you even GET IT in your paycheck.

So while I may have been given $$$ by my job.

The government ensured that I only SAW like $# show up in my paycheck.

And that has to be the most irritating thing ever.

Like guys.

I'm well aware that I'm probably just barely above poor.

Like I work a RETAIL job.

You don't make a ton of money doing that.

So like when you're told that the amount of your bonus is basically going to cover your rent for the month.

And then you only get slightly over half the amount you were expecting?

It HURTS.

It's disappointing.

It's super depressing.

Like guys. GUYS. If I make UNDER a certain amount of money a year, the government should have no RIGHT to take away so much of my bonus like that. 

Go take it from the people who can actually afford to buy houses or buy cars or whatever. 

And yet.

The government did exactly that.

And suuuuureeee. I may see some of that bonus show back up in six months in my tax return.

But like....what's the point.

It wasn't even enough of a bonus to need to be written about IN the stupid tax forms.

And yet they still took 40% of it from everyone who received bonuses.

It's completely stupid.

SO stupid.

And like. If I hadn't been told the amount I should have got.

I probably wouldn't have cared.

Like I would have been surprised my bonus wasn't as high as I'd been led to believe.

But I wouldn't have known the difference because I wouldn't have known exactly how much money should have dropped into my pay check.

It's just...frustrating.

Depressing.

*exhales*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment