Monday, September 21, 2020

Another Visit

*Exhales*
Another Month.
Another Visit.

We have our Regional Manager coming into the store this week.
Which I've been aware of for a couple of days since my Head Manager told me at my last shift that there was a visit expected.

But that was before My Manager came back from being gone.
And in typical fashion...it feels like the managers are freaking out a bit more about this visit than they should be.
I mean our store is performing very well currently. We're staying on top of all our tasks and such.

But I think that they're a bit more on the stressed 'we need to look extra extra good' side of things because the last time the RM came into the area...which was last month? Was it only last month? Geez time flows weird.
But the last time the RM came in...my sister store ended up losing at least two managers because that place had gone completely sideways and even now, over a month later, they are still struggling to get the store back up to standards. 

So I could see why my managers are worried about this visit. 
Considering what happened the last time. 

At the same time though. I highly doubted there was anything to be worried about.

That didn't stop the increase in stress.
The adding in of tasks that 'need to be done' before the visit. Like making sure the back rooms are squeaky clean and that all the cages are up to standard and such.

I get it. It's hard to know exactly what the RM is gonna be looking for. Because sometimes it's a quick visit of mostly going over paperwork and doing a quick walk around the store. And other times it's more detailed going through specifics and things.

Still don't think it's gonna be a bad visit, but yah....it's gonna be 'fun' this week to have to try and get 'all' the things done that the managers want to be completed while also trying to ensure my department is running. 

Guess we'll see later this week how it goes. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment