Thursday, September 10, 2020

Home Early

Okay.

So I knew that yesterday did quite a number on me at work.

That it had left me drained.

But I hadn't realized just how much yesterday had taken out of me.

Because today...was rough.

In the fact that I had a migraine.

A migraine that would not go away.

A migraine that made it impossible for me to complete my work shift because I was beginning to feel sick in the 'can't stand up for too long' 'can't talk for too long to people' sort of way because it was just....bad.

Like it wasn't even the worst migraine I've had. I've had a lot worse.

But with the suffering of yesterday's turmoil...on top of the migraine.

I just couldn't handle the thought of being at work any longer. Trying to survive. Trying to help customers.

It wasn't in the cards for me.

And while I hate leaving work early, I hate leaving my crew short staffed.

I could recognize that it would be best for me to leave and go rest and recover instead of trying to force my way through it.

I needed a break. A mental health day away from work. 

So I did what I could to make sure the department wouldn't be in too sad of shape before I left....and then left after talking to my manager.

Which I'm so grateful that they're understanding enough to let me go home.

Of course it helps that I rarely call out compared to the rest of my coworkers. 

It's like...a once or twice a year occurrence really.

So I'm grateful that I was able to leave and spend the day recovering.

I desperately needed it. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment