Saturday, September 19, 2020

The People Keep Coming

Both Yesterday and Today my state came in with over 1,000 COVID cases which is like...the highest we've ever been in the pandemic. 
I think before that point, sometime in July, we reached like 800 and something once or twice?

But we've never broken 1,000 before. 
And now we've done it two days in a row.

It's...it's not good. To go from having around 400-500 cases reported each day straight up to doubling that.

It's frustrating really.

Because I know a lot of it is probably from Labor Day get togethers. 
I also know that a lot of it is probably from all the college students who have flocked to the various campuses...and neglected to like...social distance or wear masks or quarantine before coming. 

I mean, my county is a hot spot right now because off the off campus parties and such going on.

Which I get that people need to socialize...but in the middle of a pandemic we should probably like...socialize safer? Not go to huge parties. Wear masks everywhere.

And yet....people don't get it.

Today at work was like...nearly holiday busy with how many customers we had in the store.
We constantly had three registers going to deal with the constant lines of people needing to check out.

It's just...frustrating. Having to deal with so many people. 
So many people who, while almost all of them are wearing masks....are coming out to get things they probably don't really need right now. *exhales*

I mean on the average right now with the case load we have like 1 in every 300 people is being diagnosed with the virus. 

That's nearly on par with what New York was experiencing back in like...May and June.

It's. Not. Good.

And yet there are people who are arguing to keep kids going to school full time even as cases within them start to rise. There are parents arguing that the state shouldn't be requiring kids to wear masks in school. Even as cases start to rise.
There's anti-maskers everywhere. Demanding that they can wander around without masks to prove they're not 'sheep'

And knowing that I probably had a good 500 or so people in the store within my 8 hour shift.
It leaves me just...leery. Weary. Tired of all the crap we have to go through because people are being self-centered and focused on themselves and not on others.

I can't wait for my vaca to start so I can have a good week away from all the people and spend some much needed time in isolation so I don't have to worry day in and day out if the next customer I have to interact with is the one who might give me the virus. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment