Sunday, September 27, 2020

Seeing the Rocks

It's kinda weird to think that it's been a year.

A year since I last went to the Gem Faire.

Normally I would have been at least twice before now...so long as I was in town and not on vacation when the faire is being held.

But like...there's always a spring, summer, and fall gem faire. 

And the last time I went...was back in 2019. 

It's crazy.

Like...I should have gone in the spring. But that was when COVID was in it's early stages and they canceled it. I could have gone to the one over the summer...but I think a) I was on vaca and b) there was a spike in the state at the time and I was leery to go.

And I actually had been planing to skip the faire this weekend as well because I wasn't able to get to it on Friday when I could have gotten a free pass. And I was leery on paying for a ticket when I wasn't sure what the lay of the land would be like. How crowded it would be and such.

Plus...with our state once again going through a spike...I was still leery to go anywhere public.

But at the same time...I missed being able to get new rocks. To have a different energy around me and such.

So when my Daddoo mentioned that he'd been to the Faire yesterday with a friend, and that it was a smaller affair than normal. With more distancing between tables, less people, and everyone required to wear masks and do social distancing...

I decided to take a chance and meet up with him again today and finally go to a Gem Faire this year.

lol, not that I actually need more rocks.

But having not gone anywhere on vaca where I could obtain rocks from other places...It was nice to just be able to see all the different stones and such.

And yah...overall it was a good experience. Not as crowded. Definitely less people. 
But we still had those individuals who can't wear a mask properly or forget that we should be social distancing from each other.

It was also interesting to see which tables filled with jewelry/rocks ended up getting more crowded than others.

I took my time.

Being careful to stay back from others and either waiting for the area I wanted to look at to open up, or looking in a different spot until I could get to the things I wanted to see. 

And I came away with a handful of more stones. ^^; Woot!!

So excited that I was able to do something different for a bit and just...have a more normal life experience for the first time in a while...even if I was consciously aware of how close people were getting to me and moving to keep my distance. ^^;;

But yay rocks! :D 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment