Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Blowing Around

We had quite the wind blow into the northern part of the state overnight. 

Crazier wind than we've had in a long while.

Strong enough winds that if we'd been anywhere near the ocean (which we're not even close to the ocean) the wind strength would have been considered like...Category 3 Hurricane strength. :S

I wasn't really affected as I live a valley further down from where the main winds were hitting.

Half my other family wasn't quite so lucky. Living directly along the wind storm's path.

Thankfully, besides loosing power for a day or so, my Dad and Brother's homes retained very little damage from the windstorm. I think my Dad lost a single branch off one of his trees.

While other more extended family ended up having trees falling over and fences being damaged, and some small things that had been left outside broken.

Nothing crazy thankfully.

But it's crazy how strong the wind was.

Like trees that have stood for over 70 years toppled over.

Big tall trees you wouldn't think would fall...fell.

Some into the streets, some onto houses, a lot out of the way.

But just seeing images of the aftermath of such a storm...was quite intense. 

Like Schools cancelled their days.

People were encouraged to not drive on the freeway.

It was crazy.

So crazy.

And I do wonder just how the neighborhood will have changed the next time I head up towards Hometown.

As I suspect and know that some trees in my Dad's neighborhood toppled. Ones that I grew up with seeing on a near daily basis.

So yah...

It's gonna be weird.

But I'm grateful that my family stayed safe and that no lasting damage happened to them. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment