Wednesday, June 16, 2021

A Small Burn

 So there was a fire near my house today.

Thankfully it didn't occur on the hill right behind my home as I'm sure my roommate would have gone into hysterics if that were the case.

But still. It was a fire that was a lot closer than previous fires had been in the last couple of years. 

*exhales*

It seems like there's always a fire burning near us, but then again my state is apparently in a very deep deep drought. Like the entire state is in RED when it comes to drought conditions. We're dry. So dry that while I love fireworks...I am rather leery of them being set off this year for the holiday because I can only imagine the entire state going up in smoke if that were the case.

In any case.

This fire happened by the park near my home.

Like a ten or so minute walk from my place. Probably a two minute drive.

No idea what caused it. But it burned up a good portion of....idk "no mans land' that was near the park. Just like an empty field with tall trees area that wasn't park but isn't quite 'wilderness' since there are houses and businesses and such all around.

Thankfully the fire crews were able to get the flames under control and gone in about an hour. So it wasn't a huge fire. Didn't lose any homes or anything like that...though I think there were some 'junk' things that were damaged? As well as a few trees and all the grass.

I couldn't really get a good look as I drove by because off all the flashing lights from the emergency vehicles blocking the view.

But still.

I'm glad that they got the fire out quickly.

Hopefully that's the only fire that burns near my home this year.

But with the drought conditions....time will only tell.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment