Friday, June 18, 2021

Skids

So I went up North today.

To do like...all the adulting things that I've been putting off.

Because I'm a procrastinator. 

And I'm rather anti-social when it comes to doing the 'uncommon' things.

Like send me to work every day and I'm fine.

Make me make an appointment to see various doctors and well...yah....it takes a lot of mental gearing myself up to convince myself to actually call the doctors and make the appointments and do the things and talk to the people and such.

*exhales*

I hate doing the uncommon things.

In any case.

It went well today. Despite the heat. 

I saw the people I wanted to see, even had enough time to visit my brother and my grandma and do all the errands up north.

But unfortunately....I did take long enough that I ended up hitting rush hour traffic on my way back home.

Which it's so stupid.

Why is rush hour even a thing still?

You'd think after having cars around for ages that we'd manage to create a system where you never have to worry about getting stuck in stop and go traffic where instead of going 70 on the freeway you're crawling along at 25 mph.

Like it doesn't make sense.

I mean it makes sense because people are dumb and do stupid things and cause and effect equates stupid people doing stupid things will mean that cars will be forced to slow or swerve or do whatever else they do and suddenly you're stuck in stop and go traffic and a journey that should take under an hour takes twice that amount of time all because you ended up driving at the wrong moment on the road.

*exhales*

In any case.

I was almost home.

Like maybe 15 minutes out from my exit.

And the traffic had finally let up enough that instead of going 25 or 45 mph cars were actually able to go the speed limit (and above) and it was great!

Because speed is my friend and I'm always happier to be going faster on the road rather than slower.

But...

I guess I ended up kinda zoning as I was driving.

Because the next thing I knew, I was rounding a bend in the freeway and instead of seeing lots of nice open area to keep driving fast on...

I was confronted with red lights in my lane.

Lots of red lights in all the lanes actually.

So I ended up hitting the brakes.

Only I wasn't slowing down fast enough and the car was coming closer as I misjudged that they were 'slowing' instead of actually like...'stopped.'

So I had to slam on the brakes a lot harder than I ever do.

Hard enough that I ended up locking the tires and skidding along the road like I was on ice instead of pavement and left a nice set of dark black lines on the road behind me along with a not so nice cloud of dark smoke in the air behind me.

Yay burnt rubber smell.

And like....I didn't hit anyone. So yay!

I managed to stay in my lane and avoid the car in front of me and all was good.

Besides my heart threatening to pound itself out of my chest and my limbs going all trembly because gah. That was intense.

Thankfully nothing more happened.

The road just got more black lines on it.

The cars behind me probably thought I was crazy. And probably didn't appreciate the smelly burnt smell I left in my wake.

But it's all good.

My tires are fine and such.

But yah....not a fun experience at all. :S

And another line on the list of why I hate rush hour traffic lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment