Monday, June 7, 2021

An Eye Appointment

 You know...when it comes to the Eye Doctor...I can't recall ever having to wait longer than like...maybe a month to get in to see mine for an eye appointment.

Like. Often times I feel like they could see me within the week or two. 

And yet...apparently the pandemic has changed things in that regards too...

Like....last time I went to the eye doctor was like...right around the beginning of the pandemic. So February or Marchish of last year?

And I haven't needed to go back since then because I ordered a year's supply of contacts...and I had had a six month supply on top of that.

So it wasn't that big of a deal that I didn't go back to the eye doctor at the beginning of this year for a check up.

Because I still had plenty of contacts. So I wasn't worried.

Plus I've been leery about going...well anywhere besides work, family, and the grocery store.

So while I've known I'd need to go back to the Eye Doctor at some point.

It wasn't a priority.

And it was hard to plan a visit anyways...with how inconsistent my schedule has been in regards to my days off. I couldn't call and be like "Oh yah I always have 'x' day off so just schedule me the first available 'x' day." 

Nope. 

Still. I was confident in my ability to get into the Eye Doctor sooner rather than later.

And this time, I had enough advance notice of what next week's schedule was going to be like that I finally mad the call to the Eye Doctor.

Plus like... I'm down to my last pair of contacts. So I need to go visit.

As the Eye Doctor usually likes to see his patients before approving ordering more contacts.

You know. To make sure that my vision has stayed consistent for the year and didn't need any tweaking.

So I knew I would have to schedule an appointment in order to get more contacts.

However.

When I called and asked if there were any openings for next week.

The receptionist informed me that they were booked out until September.

September!

Like Three months out.

I can't remember that ever occuring with the eye doctor. *shakes head* A normal doctor sure. A dentist? Definitely. 

But The Eye Doctor?

Not being able to see me until September? :S

That's....not good. 

Not good when I'm down to my last pair of contacts and need to order more.

So I was like "Hey...here's the situation, I need more contacts like...now. My vision has stayed stable all  year, I haven't noticed any major changes, can I please just order more this time without having to see him?"

Of course the receiptionst was like "Hmm...I'll have to go ask him and see what he says, I'll give you a call back."

I figured he'd say yes. Cus like...I can't exactly wait an extra three months to get more contacts. 

And I have no idea what my schedule will be like...so I can't exactly schedule an appointment that far in advance...I mean I could but that would mean requesting having that specific day off.

In an case.

It was a slightly stressful couple of hours spent at work waiting to get a call back.

It was a relief to finally get that call and get the confirmation that they could go ahead and order me new contacts and such. 

So yay! Bullet dodged. lol. 

Now I just need to figure out when I'll be heading up that direction so I can go pick them up when they come in. 

Of course...now the question is...when will I actually go in to see the Eye Doctor? 

Probably not anytime soon if the waiting list is already that far out. I'm guessing it's because of everything opening back up again. People are going out and doing the things they've been neglecting. 

Yah...gonna be interesting getting back to 'normal' and how long it takes to actually be more 'normal' again.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment