Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Mask Wearing

 So with the relaxing of restrictions and mask wearing in my state, things have returned to basically an almost normal.

Where seeing people wearing masks is a less common occurrence. 

To the point where you probably get weird looks now for still wearing a mask rather than for not wearing one.

And like...at work, our policy is that you don't have to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated.

Which since we can't really demand proof that customers are fully vaccinated, I feel like most individuals took that to mean "We don't have to wear masks anymore!" 

And like. Current store policy is that workers need to wear a mask until you're vaccinated. 

And each passing day fewer and fewer of us are wearing masks in work.

I'm one of those who is still wearing one. Because you're not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after the second dose is given.

And that two week period ends this Friday.

So for the next handful of days...I'm still wearing a mask.

Like at this point I don't always remember that I'm wearing it because it's become such a part of the work experience to have it on.

But today I had a doordasher dude.

As it's almost always a guy causing issues.

Come over to the cricket area to grab crickets for a customer's order.

And like...he took such offense that my store is still requiring us workers to wear masks if we're not vaccinated.

Like the dude doesn't even work for us. And he's getting all mad that masks are still required for the nonvaccinated workers.

*shakes head*

I don't get it. Like if I didn't want to wear my mask...I wouldn't be wearing a mask. We can't exactly ask everyone if they're vaccinated so we just have to assume that if you're not wearing a mask then you're vaccinated. But we can't just check in with you.

Though I bet that the doordasher dude isn't vaccinated. Just from how offended he was. Like I didn't even tell him anything about him needing to wear a mask if he's not vaccinated. I just said that workers needed to.

People are weird. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment