Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Where's The Order?

 So with the pandemic we started doing curbside pickups right?

Where customers can order product online, we pick their order, and then they come to the store and call us to say they're waiting outside and then we bring their order out to them right?

Right.

And like...the curbside thing isn't without it's glitches.

Though most of them are customer errors.

Like people showing up before the order has even showed up in our system or been picked.

Or like...them showing up to the wrong store. As we've had people accidentally order from our sister store and come to us...but we've also had multiple instances of people from our competition coming to our store for their orders not realizing that they're at the wrong pet store...as our names are rather similar to each other. 

But today's situation was...rather unique when it came to curbside pick ups.

Like. 

I had a customer call saying they were here for their order.

And so I asked their name and they gave it and I checked the Ipad....to not see their name there. 

Which that's not a good sign if the name isn't there.

So I double checked with them. "When did you place the order?"

"3 hours ago."

Which okay. That should be within the time frame of it showing up in our system so we should have picked it if it came in.

But their name wasn't there.

"and your'e at the right location?"

"Yes."

"It's not under a different name?"

"No. This name should be the name."

At this point I should have asked what the order was and seen if it was in our curbside area as that probably would have been faster.

But I didn't think that way. *shakes head*

No, I was like "Okay, let me have your order number and I'll see if I can look it up in our computer and see what's going on."

So the customer gives me their order number.

I look it up.

And the order number that pulls up....shows that the order has already been picked up...waaaay back on the 31st of May.

It's the 9th of June. 

But the customer insists that no, they ordered their order today. That this is the number they were given today for their order number. 

But like...the computer is only pulling up the one order for May. 

*shakes head*

After a bit of 'ring around the rosie' in conversation I finally was like "Okay, I see on the 31st order it was frozen food, is this current order frozen food as well?" 

To which they said yes.

So I went and checked the freezer and low and behold....the order is there waiting.

*shakes head*

I don't know if it accidentally got pushed through early or what.

But it's so weird that this order was waiting in the fridge for the customer to pick up....but there was no sign whatsoever on the ipad or in the computer system of said order having been placed or picked for today. 

So weird.

Haven't had that before.

But at least the customer got their stuff.

So there's that.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment