Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora's Dark Night

Today....has been a dark day.
I halfway think that I knew something was wrong....before I knew something was wrong.
For one thing....I woke up with a headache...which was odd since I didn't go to sleep with one.
I went to sleep with a tight chest...as if I couldn't breathe.
...After midnight...
But I didn't find out what had happened until nearly 2pm today.
The shooting.
Y_Y
I've been emotional ever since.
I personally don't know anybody who died or was injured or in that movie theatre.
Though I did have family living close by.
But my heart goes out to those individuals who were there.
Its hard for me....
Its always hard for me.
When I find out that another's life was cut short.
The difficult thing for me is...
that everyone was so happy.
So excited.
They were just barely really getting into The Dark Knight Rises.
A movie that has been anticipated for months.
The hype only increasing as the moment drew nearer.
It was supposed to be a moment of happiness.
Of joy.
Excitement.
Finally seeing the movie they'd been waiting all summer to see.
And it was drastically cut short.
For some permanently.
By smoke, shots, and blood.
My heart shudders at the thought.
I don't ever like seeing anyone's excitement or happiness cut short.
And this...this was drastic.
All those men, women, children.
Fleeing for their lives.
On what should have been a happy night.

To hear of such tidings....at first made me want to lock myself in my room and never venture out again.
For if you can't go to a theatre expecting to come out safe and sound.....
yah....but then the rebellious streak kicked in.
Some deranged individual isn't going to keep me from watching my movies.
Keep me from going to public places and having fun.
No sirree.
I don't know if this sad event is going to effect ticket sales positively or negatively for
The Dark Knight Rises.
Either it will influence people to stay away...
or influence people to come out in droves to support the theatres and to show that the actions of one individual won't effect the Dark Knight Rises in any negative way.
For Batman...is the hero the people want and need in this moment of crisis to those in Aurora, Colorado.

The Dark Knight will Rise.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a group situation. like a pre meeting before the big event was supposed to happen.
And in this event...this space star trek like school setting with all its white walls...
I found out that people were planning on killing other people.
Culling the masses as it were.
Individuals were walking into a trap.
But I didn't know when or if it would happen.
So I went to the church meeting room and sat on the stairs in those church plastic chairs.
To hear this meeting.
But I don't remember the meeting, instead my attention focused on an individual
moving up the aisle to the people sitting in the back of the room.
It looked like Shane...
and he took out a small throwing dart looking projection.
And stuck it into the side of a girls neck.
She went limp.
And he moved on to the next individual.
I wasn't going to stand by and let this happen.
So I clearing spoke out.
Something along the lines of "He's Poisoning everyone! Get out!"
My words seemed to ring in the air.
Which was weird for me because I'm used to my voice not carrying very far.
Everything blurred into chaos, but the next thing I knew, Kikay and I were running down the stairs of my home ward church house getting to our car.
We got in, and I backed out, and had a bit of a problem in the parking lot...chaos...I think I turned back at one moment....
but then there was Meralto standing in front of us, blocking our way.
Kikay was in front of me on my bike and I twisted the handles twisting the bike around and around to keep our distance from Meralto who had a dart and was dressed in dark colors.
He believed in what had been taught...that the human race had to be culled.
I rode off heading back to our parents home.
I thought we had gotten out alright from the chaos.
But Kikay slumped in front of me.
Limp.
As if she'd gotten poked by the dart.
I couldn't believe that she was dead.
And that my brother had done this to her.
I got her home.
And showed her to my parents.
And I couldn't decide if she was dead...or if
the culling had meant a different thing.
Like they'd put a bunch of people into comas...
so that they could be shipped off, or saved for later generations to be reawaken.
I didn't know what to believe....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment