Friday, July 13, 2012

Rainy Days and Fun Days

I was reminded today of a scene from the movie Holes.
Where there hasn't been rain for forever....
and suddenly it starts to rain.
All the kids, in celebration, go outside and dance in the rain enjoying the coolness.
lol.
Well today....that happened in real life.
There I was with a bunch of other people doing the 'summer freedom thing' of watching a movie marathon.
And somebody suddenly said "Hey guys its raining!"
lol You would have thought that it hadn't rained in years.
"PAUSE THE MOVIE WE'RE GOING OUTSIDE!!!!"
And so we did. lol The movie lay forgotten on the screen as we all dashed outside,
emerging like we hadn't been outside in weeks.
To enjoy the moisture falling from the sky.
It felt wonderful.
A nice break from the heat wave.
Now if there were only lightning and thunder...it would be perfect. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a room...that seemed to be a combination of a kitchen classroom, white walls and everything...and some sort of open area where there were railings and stairs, holes in the ground. I sat down with a few other classmates. Well...I guess they weren't classmates. They were my competition. We were on "Project Runway" but it wasn't quite that show....because we were cooking. Not making clothes. The 'in charge' person came into the room and gave us our assignments. Basically...I think it was to make an awesome looking muffin/cupcake/ thing. There was the technogeek. Who had his Ipad out and was very possessive of his tech. And other drama types of people. I went up to the front and grabbed my recipe, which was like a poppy seed muffin. It was yellowish, and soft, and had small black dots. I took the 'base' and other dough and I was cutting out fish like shapes out of the dough to stick on the muffin as I looked at the pattern. But then...time was running out. I wasn't finished, I thought I was, but then I realized I'd missed a couple of sea creatures, so I rushed up front to grab more dough and came back to my seat, creating a big whale type creature and sticking it on top of my muffin as time ran out. The judge came in then...a police dog. A German shepherd. It ate the different muffins tasting them. The owner came up to my entry. And said "I've had you picked out as one to watch." as the dog gobbled up my muffin....he spit it out. Which meant...he didnt' like it.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment