Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Flashes and Bangs of Celebration


I love fireworks.
Love love love love love them.
I could sit all night watching them.
^^ Especially when they're the big displays put on by the city. :D
I love just watching all that eye candy for the soul ^^
But this year.
There was more then just eye candy.
This year, the golf course fireworks,
seemed to have more of a celebratory look to them.
Perhaps it was just the type of fireworks they used.
But I was reminded today of the reason why we celebrate Independence Day.
All those loud bangs, and sparkling gold lights.

Reminded me of cannon fire tonight.
Of the battles that men and women in our country have fought to keep our rights.
To become independent and keep our Independence.
The fireworks tonight symbolized for me that rejoicing in our freedoms.
rejoicing in our country.
rejoicing in being who we are.
rejoicing in how far we've come.
and remembering, those who fought for us.
I could see flashes of battles in those fireworks tonight.
And the celebration of winning just made my heart swell tonight.
For tonight, my home town celebrated our Independence.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi
Note: I may not post for the rest of the week, just to warn you. :)
The Dream
I was outside in the sunlight, and my neighbor Cindy was out as well, she was talking about how they were selling off most of their backyard. I couldn't tell if she was talking about the main backyard, or the lot that they had in back of their back yard, from what I was imagining they were selling everything beyond their tree line by the back of their house to a guy who was buying the house next door to them and needed 'the space' I think for his kids or his projects or something, and Cindy's kids were all grown up and didn't go into the backyard that often anyway. So they were selling to make a little cash, then Cindy got distracted with the dog my mom was petting asking if it was Sadie or Pepper. It was Sadie, but then switched to Pepper being outside with the three of us while Sadie was standing in the doorway of our house. We got Pepper to go over to the door so that Cindy could see the difference between the two and have an easier time telling them apart (Pepper is brown and white while Sadie is black and white.)
Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)
-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment