Monday, July 2, 2012

Persistent Texting

It's fun when plans change....and you end up having a ton more fun then you expected to have...all because somebody reached out. :)

The other day, I was sitting with Kikay decking it out old school.
Oh yah.
Battleship.
Very old school.
haha I was having fun, I think to Kikay's frustration because I won both games we played.
lol I think it was because I found the patrol boat pretty quickly both games, while Kikay...didn't really find mine. lol.
Anyway, in the middle of our battles.
I got a text.
Asking "Are you coming?"
O.o Was I coming? I had to think a moment.
Then I remembered. There was a party happening that night.
About thirty minutes from where I was at.
I was a bit confused though. I knew the party had started already...like an hour ago.
So I said "unfortunately no. :( "
They texted back "Why not?"
Uh......@_@
You mean I have to have a reason why I wasn't coming?
A bunch of excuses ran through my mind.
The main one being "It's a long drive" which also falls into the category of  "I don't have enough gas to drive up there and back."
Why didn't I have enough gas to get up there and back when like two weeks ago I drove an hour away for a party by myself and back?
Well....Kikay and I were going to be heading home the next day.
And....it was in the same direction as the party. So it seemed a bit....foolish to drive halfway home....drive back to College Town...and then drive all the way home the next day. At least with the hour away party...it was in a completely different direction....though I did a simliar thing for a gem show....
so I ended up just feeling bad all around that I wasn't going because I thought this time around that 'it was too far." So I tried to figure out if it actually would be feasible to drive over there a couple of hours late and go anyway, but that ended up being a no go because Kikay needed the car that night.
So I sent the text anyway. "it's a long drive."
I expected it to be dropped then. I couldn't figure out why they were being persistent in texting me anyway...I mean...surely the party could go on without me right? -I figured they texted everybody to see who was still planning on coming, so I wasn't being singled out or anything....like they were having a surprise birthday party for me haha. :P
But no.
They texted back. "These guys are in your area, and are planning to go to the party soon, why don't you see if they can give you a ride."
O.o A ride?
Asking others for a ride.....
The thought hadn't really crossed my mind, mostly because I wasn't sure who still lived near me in college town, and I really dislike asking people for rides, especially if they have to come out of their way to get me.
But these guys were supposedly in the area.
"okay I'll see." I said.
And sent out a text. "Hey...I'm told you guys are going to the party tonight...is it possible for me to catch a ride with you?"
Some checking to see how it would work out went on.
And the result..."well...it's not really legal for us to give you a ride." (they had a full car already.)
Y_Y Sadness. I was almost excited to go. I sent them a couple more clarifying texts...
and got back the response "We're here."
O.o "At my apartment?"
"Yes."
()_() HOW DID THEY KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME?!!?
Oh...wait one of them went to my ward the other day (like two months ago)
()_() They remembered where I lived??!!?
lol I wasn't really expecting them to show up at my apartment.
O.o I thought we were still in the "maybe we can give you a ride lets talk about it some more stage."
Nope. They were there. And waiting.
And...I wasn't ready.
Luckily I wasn't in my pjs at the time haha.
I just had a mad dash around the apt trying to make myself look more presentable, find my shoes, keys, and license before I got outside.
And there they were.
Waiting for me....with a full car. lol.
What happened?
Well....I didn't end up riding in the trunk.
lol instead I shared the passenger seat with another girl.
And the driver told us. "If you see a cop car, duck down."
Haha. That was a rather fun, if squished, car ride up north.
Soo I made it to the party!
And ended up having a ton of fun ^^
lol I think the best part was in the middle of a game called "SCUM" where I ended up with five aces in my possession.
lol Everyone was a bit wary of me after I won that round. ;)
Which is saying something....they called me the 'silent killer' because they never knew when I was going to strike and win the game. haha.
And the best part?
I ended up back at my apartment at like 2am.
Yah.
I felt like I'd gone to a real college party, partying it up aaaalllll night long ^^
It was a thrill.
And I'm ever so thankful for the person who sent me the text asking if I was coming, and worked to come up with a solution to get me over there. (I rode with a different car back home by the by, no need to tempt the police/fate twice in a row lol)

^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

It was like I was watching a computer game. I saw this dark hole and there was a wolf in it, who used to be human, and he was crawling around avoiding the stalactites and trying to rescue trapped humans, but then it switched to real world view and there was a brief scene of utter devastation, like a bomb had gone off, and from the hole crawled the wolf, weary from battle, having defeated the evil bad guy by giving up his human self and remaining a wolf. All the people around town gathered together to celebrate this hero, who was friendly like a dog, and unable to remember being human.
Then I was holding a baby in my arms, it was mine, a baby boy, and he needed to get his diaper changed, but I was struggling to untie and then tie up the cloth diaper around him.
We ended up at a pool party where my uncle shane's children were playing. They had a young son, who thought that I was terrorizing him, because he kept getting in my way. I wasn't trying to hurt him at all, frankly I was trying to avoid the trouble maker and just have some fun, but he kept getting in the way and everytime I 'hurt' him he would go running to Shane or his mom to complain that I was hurting him. One incident involved him jumping off the diving board at the same time that I finally decided to jump into the pool in my clothes because I didn't have a swimsuit. he landed in the water before me, right under me because he didn't jump straight out from the board but jumped to the right, right where I was jumping, I barely hit him as I landed in the pool. He managed to get out of the way, but he went running to his parents to say that I was a terror...when I wasn't. I was getting extremely frustrated because I wasn't doing anything to cause the kid harm, yet everyone seemed to take his word over mine. I finally left the pool area feeling heart sick because I felt nobody was on my side. And I found this huge pile of stuffed animals, and I was trying to get them...clean them up? without anyone seeing as I hid behind hotel trolleys and garbage cans in the main foyer area because I seriously didn't want to be blamed again for something I didn't do....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment