Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Wannaed, But I Didn't

It's hard not to interfere when I know how to do something...and I see another person doing that thing.
Whether it's playing the piano, juggling, or fencing for example.
I just want to go up and yes... show off. lol :)
In many cases, I'm not the best at something, but I do like showing others that I can do it too.
Most of the time I do restrain myself.
Let the others have their moment.
But when I gather a group together to do something that I find fun....
and I can't join in....
It's really depressing.
Surprisingly depressing.
I had friends come over to fence.
But unfortunately, my kinked neck (which is almost better now) prevented me from fencing.
I could have....fenced.
If I wanted to aggravate my injury lol.
Cus if putting on a shirt that day was painful, continuously taking on and off the fencing mask,
or twisting...to my left (doing that would hurt!) to clip myself to the strip, or recoiling back from an attack in the wrong manner....would have been bad.
lol there were a couple times when I was reffing the fencers that I would turn my head in the wrong way and 'short circuit' myself for a couple seconds before I could remember to...you know breathe. I was actually able to keep moving my body so it didn't look like my neck was hurting me at that moment, but it sure makes talking difficult.
But if I was 'hurting myself' just reffing the matches....actually being in the fencing match....would have spelt trouble.
:) Everyone that came did have fun, though I was practically pacing back and forth wanting to join them on the strip and show them how to fence....
I was glad that I refrained...because... seeing guys my age fence.
Is really cool, but frightening.
lol I've seen the 12 year olds fence, but guys my age it was their first time and they were attacking each other like pros. lol I don't know if I would have survived fencing them without a few bruises lol.
It was super fun to watch.
And hopefully next time, I'll be able to join in and have just as much fun. :)

Speaking of fun.
The Olympics are under way! And it's intense from what I've seen.
Which is saying alot because I usually don't get into sports. But what I've seen, has drawn me in. Especially the Foil Fencing that went on today. :)
lol The Olympic Fencing is what actually got me to watch the other Olympic events. Everybody at the arena was looking forward to it, so I wanted to see it as well. I usually catch some of the swimming and gymnastics, but seeing the fencing for the first time was cool among other sports. :)

Congrats Olympic Medalists!
Gold: China, Italy, United States, Brazil, South Korea, Australia, Kazakhstan, Russia
Silver: Italy, United States, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Colombia, Netherlands, Poland, Romania
Bronze: China, Italy, United States, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Belgium, Hungary, North Korea, Norway, Serbia, Uzbekistan

May the competition be just as fierce tomorrow! :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was visiting an old town with narrow streets and hilly areas. Going up hills and around places to get to my destination. Our family ended up in a fast food restaurant...well it was kinda half fast food halfway formal, but overall made me think of McDonald's or Burger King. We were there with my Aunt Gail and her son. My parents had to leave early and said that Gail was going to give us a ride home, because she said that she had two extra seats. But when we went to leave, there were five or six of us that needed a ride. Gail was a bit flustered because she said she could only fit in two into her pick up truck because she wasn't willing to have us sit in the bed of the truck. So we were again left without a firm plan on how all of us were going to get home, when my Aunt Linda appeared. She was eating a hamburger in one of the booths by the door. She said that she could take some of us back, and so it was decided.. I stayed back with her. I left the restaurant and got on my bike, peddling back to our hotel room...and I was lost, but I figured as long as I was riding somewhere I'd stumble across some place familiar. Then I saw a car....that I was either racing or following/leading. It was a creamy colored car and I felt a bit of competition with it. I encountered a narrow street that went back and forth up a hill and took a short cut reaching it as the car had to find a different route. I took the trike (three wheeled kids bike) I was riding and ran up the hill with it in my arms because I wanted to get ahead of the car. I ended up climbing into a pavilion. It had pillars all around and a pond in the middle with a ledge that had seats like a theatre or a stadium halfway around. In the middle of the pond on a marble circle stood a statue of Christ with his arms extended. The whole pavilion had been covered in green moss when I had come by earlier, but now there was an older man that was cleaning the statue and grounds so that the green moss was fading. He was working on Christ when I came making the green wash away into bright white. It was heart warming to see the older man caring so for the statue....but then. Christ turned and looked at me. He was no longer a statue, he was a figure come to life. He smiled and crowds of people gathered around the edge to look at him. He was mostly white though it seemed like he still had a green moss belt. I pulled back away searching for my siblings because I didn't want them to miss this. Kikay and Meralto showed up and we all made our way to the pond to get closer to Christ. I think he even took me up in a hug....
But then I was in school, a science classroom, and our girl teacher was taking us on a field trip. We moved across the hall to watch a movie in that classroom, and I noticed that one of the girls was upset that she didn't get a fun dip candy and that a different girl took the last one. I knew that i had a twosome packet back in my classroom so I left and got the candy from inside of my desk. I didn't want her to have the whole packet so I chose between green apple and another pink apple type flavor and tore the bag, trying to be careful not to open it and spill out all the sugar, but....I wasn't successful, the bag tore open the pink side, but I was giving her the green side so that was fine. I picked up the packet and thought that it felt...lighter, I turned it over to realize that the bottom had torn and there was only a little green sugar left, I kept the opening upright and returned to the class room with the candy wand in my other hand and made my way to the back of the classroom where there was a group of people working on a puzzle. I found the girl...but she had ended up with a fun dip pack already, so I ate the green myself as I talked to the girl. she invited me to help with the puzzle but I said that I already had a seat up front. I walked away, but glanced back to see her sitting all by herself because the others had left her. I turned around and went with my dad and siblings on a training thing. My dad wanted us to be prepared, so warned us as we tried to get through a path covered by green ferns that dangers were all around us and to look for alternate routes that were safer. So he took us to this jungle expedition thing where ferry boats went underneath part of the bridges on this walkway and so the whole thing was unstable and if you missed jumping onto the wooden fragment, you'd fall into the water below. I was really paranoid about doing this because I had my phone in one pocket and my ipod in the other, and I wanted neither one to get ruined/wet. So I cautiously walked along the wooden walkway until I reached the first gap. It wasn't that wide, but i was paranoid it would get wider if the swinging wooden parts got out of sync. I made it across though (I don't think I ran it...just kinda hopped over it.) and clung to the edge of that section. Behind me was a girl with blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. We made eye contact and we both recognized each other though I couldn't remember from where though I felt a connection. I continued onward through this swinging obstacle course and turned left when I saw I was almost to the end because I didn't want to take the 'little kids' way out. That wouldn't be seen in a good light by my peers. So I made my way to the other section passing a kid named Devan on the way. Below us was a b it volcano waterfall fountain that had rock wall things sticking out of it. I didn't think that would be fun to drop on. Nearby there was a dark skinned kid who tried to jump a small gap, but his over confidence had him slip and fall inbetween the gaps, he caught onto the wood with his hands, avoiding falling to the water below as a taller man reminiscent of David Beckham guided us along, encouraging us to come to the finish line. I couldn't decide if his motives were good, or bad but then...

The unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment