Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Hallows

I've been in a Harry Potter mood recently.
It may be because in Pottermore the second book has opened up.
It may be because I've seen alot of the Harry Potter movies recently.
It may also be because a friend of mine, who was very into Harry Potter, just went on a mission....

And today in Church....the topic seemed to be on missionary work.

So obviously....
;)
Harry Potter and Missionary work must connect together right?
lol.
Well...I thought to myself. If I...or my friend encountered a person who didn't believe in our church, and they were going to be taught...and if they were also Harry Potter fans...How would I connect it with the church.

First. I thought of the Resurrection Stone.
With this stone, you can see people who have passed on if you turn it three times.
Well...
Jesus Christ lay dead in the tomb for three days before he was resurrected. And because he completed the Atonement. He was able to resurrect the dead, but will also be able to resurrect everyone when he comes again. So therefore...through the Atonement, and Jesus Christ's resurrection you will be able to see everyone who has passed on again.

Of course the first Deathly Hallow...makes me think of the other two Hallows.

The Elder Wand.
With this you have 'power over death' I suppose. You can't be beaten. You have power.
For me, this connects to the Priesthood.
With this power, if you're faithful, you can perform miracles.
You can have great power.
But this only works if you're the 'rightful owner' of the Priesthood. Just like a wand wouldn't work if you're not the 'true master' of the wand...the Priesthood will only work on those who have sufficient faith and are worthy of holding the Priesthood.

Then there is the Invisibility Cloak.
The object that hides you from death. Where you can't be found.
My first thoughts on this third hallow...is that it's the Holy Ghost.
Because if you have the Holy Ghost...its like you can't be found by 'Death' or in this case. By 'Satan' If you stay wrapped up in the spirit of the Holy Ghost, and keep him as a companion, you can't be tempted by Satan to do wrongful acts. You're protected as long as you have the Holy Ghost around you.

And yah....that was what went through my mind, today in church if I were to try and connect Harry Potter with Christ. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was Tinkerbell, and I was sick of not being understood, or my position in the trees nearby the parent's home church. So I decided to strike out on my own and get away from everyone. I took a purple leaf shell type of thing that kinda had paper airplane characteristics. I jumped from the tree and soared from place to place, though I felt a bit exposed because the plane didn't totally protect me above the waist, so I felt like I was going to fall out of my plane, but other leaves didn't provide me enough protection. I landed in a tree, and a human girl below me saw my purple plane/shell and knew that there was a fairy about. She told her father, and they weren't going to try find me, for which I was grateful, but there was another younger girl with long blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail that was climbing the tree, trying to find me, but I avoided her. Only to have another darker man trying to get at me and capture me. I escaped and ended up at a ward party where our singles ward was holding a breakfast thing, up the grass hill from our apartments. There was ice cream, and fruit, and other goodies, I ran into Shane...which was weird since I knew he wasn't in his ward, and his brother Jeremy was back as well...apparently he was on a 'break' from his mission. Because they did that. missionaries could have a leave of absence, or have like in the army, times when they come home from being deployed but he was going to be sent back again soon.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment