Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Intimidation Factor

Have you ever had that feeling of hopelessness....that washes over you when you realize....you're going to die?

Well....what happened today wasn't life and death....in this century. Luckily.

But needless to say... I don't really like the sudden death feeling.
The thought. "You have to win this battle to survive."
The feeling of hard metal hitting your skin....
And knowing....if that point would have been sharp...the injuries could have been more serious.
More deadly.

Yet, there was a bit of confidence.
Since I knew I couldn't die.
I didn't take the hits too badly. It was a different fighting style then I was used to.
And I managed to get points so I still had confidence.
After all... I was new. I am still new.
Branching out and trying other things.
So I knew I couldn't be a master the first day, but I felt I had a little bit of talent....
You know...over confident middling fighters.

But then...I faced a master.
And I realized how much of a novice I was.

Again and again we clashed.
Again and again.
I got no 'hits'
And as we hit the final moment.
The moment of my 'death'
I felt a wave of despair wash over me.
It was no longer fun.
I could no longer smile.
Nor see straight.
I was hurt.
I was totally 'about to die'
And there was nothing I could do.
There was no mercy to be found.

So I stepped into my 'death'
Because I just wanted it to end.
And left quickly before anyone could see how shook up I really was.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was doing some activity outside in the Gibbs/Schaer's backyard when I pulled out my Ipod and I was disheartened to see that I had somehow cracked it. O.o I thought I was being careful with my Ipod but somewhere on the way to the Jr. High School something happened. :( But I told my mom that I wasn't worried, because our Cousin JD could fix it. :)

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment