Saturday, July 14, 2012

Parking Crooked

Have you ever wonder if you inherit certain quirks from your parents?
Like in movies and books, there are certain things that just seem to be mimicked.
For example. Scamp copies his father, Tramp, in how he scratches his ear in Lady and the Tramp 2.
or in Harry Potter, how Snape continuously says that Harry 'struts around the castle' like his father.
Well.
The other day, Kikay made a comment on my parking.
lol.
You see. I come in a bit...to narrow? I suppose. I don't pull out wide enough to swing into the parking stalls straight.
I just chalked it up to me like liking to park a little crooked.
What fun is it to just park straight and parallel after all?
But then....
the other week when we were with our mom on vaca...
Mom pulled into a parking spot....crooked.
I didn't think much on it then...
until Kikay made the comment the other day.
"I see where you get your parking from.'
It took me a moment to see what she was referencing.
lol. I guess my crooked parking comes from my mom.
Which is just fine by me. :)
We all need to have some crooked parking jobs every now and then. ^^ lol
It makes life more interesting. :)

Until you  next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was in the Miller's new house. Exploring its many varying levels and different rooms. The place was huge like unto a mansion with a giant pool area, garage area, entertainment area...etc etc. There were still plenty of rooms that hadn't been unpacked and set up as I wandered away from the party. But then my mother called to me that it was time to go home, so I worked on making my way back to her, but got a little distracted with a bunch of other children playing a game among the lower rooms that hadn't been unpacked yet, I ended up in my mom's parent's basement with an older man that reminded me of an older Rumpelstiltskin. Kikay and I were trying to figure out how to play a complicated card game with the fellow, that involved a lot of stickers needing to be unstuck and restuck. I had a trouble finding an organizing system that would allow the stickers to remain sticky. I tried putting them on the floor, but that got the stickers covered in hair/fur/carpet. So I tried my fingers...that didn't work. I was working on putting the stickers on my legs to organize them when the old man said that he could help me. He was done with his pile. He grabbed up the stickers. did a few twists that I didn't see and walla. A nice webbing of stickers all neatly organized was unfolded. I felt a bit foolish and worked to un stick the stickers that were on my legs, when my mom said "Okay. It's time to go. We're going to go see the movie Ammon remember?" I felt conflicted, because we were going to play a card game with this old man, but now mom wanted us to go see a movie which sounded more fun, but we'd taken so long to set up the card game that I just didn't want to leave the guy. So I ended up leaving to grab a bite to eat, but then had the intention of returning to the old man once I'd changed out of my pjs...

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment