Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Mother's Plan

It's rather funny how things work out with friends.
As it seems like there is something about living in College town, that makes it so my plans with them don't usually work out.
I mean, they say they can come.
but then things come up which prevents them from making the get together.
Oddly enough, the most common reason is:
"My mom (and it's usually the mom) made 'such and such' plans and I totally spaced it til like right now (being a couple of hours before we're supposed to meet) so I can't make it today, hopefully next time though!"
 
It's so weird to me, how often this happens.
And usually it's an important family event that can't be missed. Which is totally understandable. They only happen like...once a year, or once in a lifetime, or once in a looong time.

It's also disheartening a bit. As I really like being able to see my friends, and I often go through a lot of work in preparation for that visit. And when it doesn't happen...
Well...I wish that they would remember sooner then a few hours before that they can't come. As I've built up all this anticipation, and then it's dashed.

Oh well...I've kinda gotten used to it here in College town.
To the point where it's actually a surprise when my potential visitors actually visit.

Hopefully I'll get more of them sooner rather than later. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I rolled over to look at my clock and saw that it read 11:50. Crap! I was late to work. By a TON of time, like 6 hours. I couldn't believe that I'd overslept so much, and that nobody had called me to find out where I was. I lay there debating about whether or not I should get up and show up for the last couple of hours of my shift, or if I should just blow off the whole thing, as I was meeting up with a friend at 1:30 and I wouldn't be able to make up my shift and meet up with the friend at the same time. I was about to make a decision when...

The unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment