Friday, May 17, 2013

Don't Question Why

Dear Laibai;

I'm sorry.
I thought it was really weird for you to call into work and say that you weren't coming in because you had a migraine.
I mean...I get migraines/headaches all the time.
But I don't let them get in the way of work.
Well...I apologize.
I'd forgotten, how bad a migraine could actually be.
And that going to work would be unimaginable torture.
I mean...ouch. Just ouch everywhere.
Again, I'm sorry.

For I totally understand now.
Though in a different light.

I had to leave work today.
Because I wasn't feeling well.
It happens once in a blue moon.
Where Advil...just doesn't help pain go away.
And in fact.
Makes it worse.

My work shift started out fine.
I was happy, feeling great.
And then Wham.
About two hours in...the pain came.
Not a headache pain, just different pain.
But...it hurt alot.
I would disappear into the back looking for tasks to do that allow me to sit down, as sitting helps the pain better then standing.
but then I would need to go reappear to show people I wasn't slacking off.
Finally, it caved in and went to take a 15 minute break.
Half an hour later.
I knew I wasn't going to make it.
I couldn't stand up without feeling like all the blood rushed from my head to my feet.
I was shaky.
Dizzy.
And my stomach wasn't helping matters at all.

So huddled in the back room,
I used my cell phone to call work, to reach a manager, to ask them to come to the break room so I could ask them if I would be able to leave early. -Two hours early.

They were super awesome and told me yes. I could.
Great!
Because I wasn't going to be much help the rest of the shift anyway if I couldn't stand up. -It's a standing, walking, being vertical job after all.

I didn't even think I would make it home.
I mean walking to my car required that I lay in the back of it for like 5 minutes for rest.
It wouldn't have been much of a problem.
Like 3 weeks ago when I lived like a minute and a half away.
But now...it's like a 10-15 minute drive to my home.
Could I actually make it home now that I was out of work?
Seriously, I considered just going back into the break room and hanging out there for the night.
But through some serious will power,
and street lights that were mostly helpful 
I managed to make it to my street.
Where there was a nice spot in front of my apartment big enough that I could parallel park into it in one pain hazed try.
Though pain was quickly changing into the need to empty my stomach.
I was delayed in that I misplaced my cell phone once I got out of the car,
after some intense shaky searching and a serious debate about just spending the night in the back seat of my car.
I found the phone.
But being vertical again...wasn't making my stomach happy.
Blessings be thanked. I made it to my bathroom without making a mess anywhere else on the journey from my car. It was close a couple of times.
Yay will power and blessings! lol

So. for the first time. I left work early. Because I physically couldn't work. Due to me seriously not feeling well.

Ugh...I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon.
I hate giving into pain. >.<

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment