Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Little Kindnesses

I saw a little kindness this morning at work.
A guy came in to buy some dog food.
But after counting out all his dollars and coins...
He was still twenty cents short.
Unable to complete the transaction, I asked him if he had any spare coins in his car.
He didn't think he did, but he went out to his car to search anyway.
Desperately I tried to think if I had any coins in my car that I could let him use.
But stuck at the register I couldn't go to my own car to check. :(
And unfortunately the guy didn't find any coins either.
So with reluctance he took the bag of dog food and went to put it back and search for another option.
At that moment I was helping another customer.
And she mentioned that she hadn't even noticed the bag of dog food waiting there on the counter.
I nodded and said "Yah...unfortunately he's twenty cents short."
And she said. "Oh...I have that. I can let him have twenty cents."
"Really?!"
She nodded.
And so I dashed to the back of the store.
"Sir!"
He looked up from his despondent searching of the shelves.
"There's a woman up front who's willing to give you twenty cents."
His face lit up. "Really? Oh Thank you!"
So he grabbed his bag of dog food and followed me back up to the register, where the woman had left a quarter on the counter for him to use. -She'd already left.
Happily, we counted out the coins again, using the quarter.
He had more then enough now.
And he was extremely grateful.
And held his head up high as he left the store with his dog food.
Yay for compassionate people in the world. ^^
I'm so glad that the woman was willing to help out the guy.
As it really seemed like he wasn't having the best of days.
Hopefully that bright moment of human kindness helped the rest of the day to be brighter.
It definitely was a bright spot in mine. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I had an odd spiny growth below my belly button...it wasn't supposed to be there, so I removed it and left it on a shelf. And forgot about it, until I was with some others in a competition of sorts. Like a beauty pageant. My best friend was competing, and she was doing very well. Only I noticed little cacti like spiny growths on her shoulders...and turns out many other places, as when her cover up got torn away accidentally, it showed growths, like the one I had had. all over the place. It looked like little tree stumps with cactus spines...disturbing and fascinating at the same time. But. This...disease caused a bit of mayhem, and we had to run for it, taking shelter in a tent like place that seemed like my neighbor's kitchen as we debated about whether or not we could cut off the odd growths without it causing harm....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment