Sunday, May 19, 2013

Picking Up A Book

The other day I had one of those urges.
To read a book.
I picked one up...
One I'd read before, couldn't get into it.
Picked up a different one....couldn't get into it.
Why?
Because I would read a page and then realize...
I wasn't actually reading the page.

I was thinking about different plots of my own stories.
So I would put the book down,
and go work on that scene I'd been thinking about instead.

lol.
But that urge stayed with me.
I needed to read!
not just Internet stuff,
an actual paper bound book.

So one day, I just went to my shelf and grabbed  a book.
It's one that my Mom got me for Christmas.
And the first of that Christmas set that I have picked up to read.
^^;; Heh...I used to devour my Christmas books in like...two days.
And now...I had like five...and it's May...and I'm finally picking up one.
lol.
And loved it!
Which is super awesome,
because I read the inside flap...and I was rather unsure about it.
I mean...I love the dragons and such.
And this book took place in the future.
I tend to avoid those.
I mean I read them on occasion...They're just not my favorite.
I end up hating the ending in most cases.

However, not really the case for this book.
I say not really, as there is an obvious "Hey I can do a sequel here and probably will" ending.
But overall I liked this futuristic book.
It was fun, and the future gadgets were cool. :)
Even if everyone was obsessed with Rank.

But I know it's a good book,
because after reading it...I'm still kinda thinking about it.
What if's.
What if the future turned out to be like that?

Yep. Definitely a good book when it makes you stop and not want to pick up another book yet.
Those types of books are hard to find.

What book is it?
It's called Erasing Time by C.J. Hill


And liked I said. :) I really liked it. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment