Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cricket Mischief

There I was.
Trying to go to bed.
It was midnight.
I was tired.
Plans had already been set for the next day.

But then I had a thought that had me wide awake.
Tomorrow was Kikay's Birthday.
her 21st birthday.

Do you know what this means?

It means that I had to do something more then what I was going to do!
I couldn't just give her a birthday present!
No.
This had to be more epic!

The problem.
Kikay was going to leave early in the morning from her apartment.
like early.
Well...not going to work early which is usual for me.
But pretty early all things considering.
Especially since I worked a late shift and I wanted to sleep in...

But I wanted this to be epic.
So I set my alarm for an hour and a half before she told me she would be leaving.
And...fell asleep.
When my alarm went off....I laid in bed for half an hour. Debating.
Did I really want to do this crazy thing?

Yes. yes. I did.
After all, Kikay would only be turning 21 once.

It started....
a couple of days ago.
You see, I had time to kill before seeing a movie.
And so decided to get a present for Kikay.

I had a couple of ideas in mind.
But I texted her anyway. Asking her what she wanted for her birthday.
"Perry the Platypus from the Disney store!"
O.o "What? Only one choice?"
"That means I'm going to get it right?"
"Riight...."

What fun is that?!
Knowing what you're getting.
Nope.
Well...kinda.
I would get Kikay the Perry.
But more beyond that.

So I bought her another stuffed animal...for it gave me this look.
That mischievous look that you're friends give when you're plotting something mischievous.
Well this stuffed animal -The Cricket from Mulan. Gave me that look.
Of course I had to bring him in!
I also got a small blue jay statue for her as well.
So that totaled three gifts.

Originally I'd planned to give her Perry and the bird that morning -when she wasn't leaving as early- and then leave the cricket in the car for her to find later.
With this note:

 
But with the earlier leaving date....
That plan changed
And changed again.
 
 
So, early in the morning. The sun hadn't been up for more than an hour or so....
I made a mad dash to Walmart.
Why? Because I'd gone shopping for food there, and remembered seeing flowers there.
My brilliant idea.
Give Kikay 21 Flowers as well as 21 chocolate Reese's in the back of her car and place the cricket in the front!
 
Problem.
Well. Distraction. First.
I saw the soda.
Pineapple Soda.
A favorite Soda.
So I grabbed the chocolate and the soda.
And returned to the front of the store to browse the variety of roses and other flowers.
Luckily Mother's Day is Nearby. So there are lots of flowers.
 
Only.
Problem.
I wanted to get 21 flowers.
The roses....came in bundles of...10.
Which meant... I would only have 20 if I got two.
But if I got three...i would have 30.
9 too many.
Searching around, I found some more roses. That were bunches of four...or five.
But...they didn't look as great.
so I was back to my dilemma.
20 Roses.
I needed one more.
So what did I do?
Not get a third 10 pack of roses.
nope.
I went a different route.
I got a bouquet of lily like flowers.
20 roses. Plus one set of lily flowers =21 Flowers!
Oh yah! ;) lol.
 
So with a quick hop through the self scan checkout out.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
 
I dashed back into my car and screeched into my sister's parking lot.
I didn't see her car right off.
()_() Did she leave already!??! I still had half an hour though!
 
But no.
She'd parked on the bridge -near outer darkness- (we named areas of the parking lot to help us tell the other where the car was back when we shared a car.)
So I pulled into the empty stall next to her.
And grabbed the key.
The spare key.
The spare key to Kikay's car.
 
Constantly looking over my shoulder.
Paranoid that Kikay would come out earlier then she'd said.
That I would be caught!
 
But no.
I succeeded.
Though those little chocolates were unhelpful.
As the back seats were slanted.
so they would slide right to the back...under the flowers.
so that took a bit a creativity to get them to kinda stay.
 
The final results!

 

Sorry they're hard to see.
The light was coming in through the window causing a glare.
Flowers. Soda. Chocolate.
But where's the cricket?
 

In the front seat with the note pictured above.
Waiting for Kikay.

And so I -after some quick pictures
Jumped back into my car.
Took off...
and...
parked in visitor parking.
The one spot Kikay would probably not think to look. ;) lol

And like 25 tense minutes later.
She walked out the door. 
-I had a great vantage point.
She walked to her car.
I edged forward in my seat.
Waiting for her reaction.
She got in.
And...pulled out.
I sat back in disappointment.
She hadn't stopped!
The rest of my plan relied on her stopping to get everything out of the back seat!
I expected then to have her drive on by and me wave.....
But then.
She pulled back into her parking spot!
I giggled. Leaning forward again.
That could only mean one thing.
She'd found the stuff!

lol I got this message from her.
"I got in my car and started driving away, then was like...Huh... Why does it smell like peanut butter in here? Sooo sneaky. Thank you :)"

My first thought. O.o You smelt peanut butter? And not the flowers? lol.
Apparently she was in auto pilot. Threw her bag on top of the cricket. And didn't see a thing until she smelt peanut butter and turned to look in the back seat and saw all the flowers.

lol.
I sent the text back "You're welcome. :P It was fun to see your reaction this time. :P"
She didn't respond right away to that.
As she was busy gathering up everything and taking it up to the apartment.
Once she was inside the doors
I took off running.
Back towards the car.
Why?
I wasn't done yet.
No. I still needed to deliever Perry!
 

I dashed back to the car and saw Kikay's response
"O.O Where were you?!?!"
"Oh...you know...hanging out in visitor parking. :P Now the question is... Where's perry?"
"...At the store? Are you going to come up or what?"
Come up?
I actually hadn't planned on that.
I'd planned for her to come down looking for me.
where I would then present her with this:
 

The Blue Jay.

And then I would leave.
She would go to her car.
and then discover Perry.

Quick change of plans.
I went upstairs.
To wish Kikay a happy birthday.
And chat for a bit.
Before actually presenting her with her present. :)
A surprise for her again. lol as she thought I was done with the car.
I told her "This is it."
As technically I'd already given her Perry. She just hadn't found him yet. :) lol.

Yah. Everything made a nice display. :)
 
Pretty!!
-There are pink and orange roses.

-The other gifts you see were given by other friends the night before.

lol anyway Kikay commented "Trust you not to get me the one thing I asked for."
I shrugged. "What fun is that?"
lol.

Kikay left the apartment before me.
As Mirleki was still there.
I turned to her with an evil grin. "I did get her Perry." I told Mirleki as soon as the door had shut and locked.

lol.
A minute later.
My pocket vibrated.
"OH MY BADNESS! SARNIC!"

lol "You've found Perry I see." ;) "You seriously didn't think that I wouldn't get you the one thing you asked for? :P"


Haha. ^^ oh yah.
It was a fun filled morning. ^^
I'm glad I was able to pull everything off. And get her all her gifts before she left. ^^

Happy Twenty First Birthday Kikay!
Hope it was great!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment