Friday, May 3, 2013

A New Data Beginning

You could say that I really wanted to move, so that I could have a fresh start elsewhere.
I felt like I was in a rut, and that I needed to change my living scene to get me out of it.

Well....
Apparently my laptop felt the same way.
It wanted a fresh start too.
In a rather drastic, everything old has to be removed permanently, sort of way.

What happened?
It started out like every other day.
I got online.
Decided to check out a website I hadn't looked at in a while.
One click. That's all it took. To get to the webpage.
And BAM!
Suddenly something was downloading.
I shut down my computer....
but it was too late.
"System Care AntiVirus" had installed itself onto my computer. :S

It's a virus pretending to be a protector against viruses. Lame.
Seriously lame.
I couldn't do anything.
Whatever I clicked I would get a stupid little bubble that said "Ha! Fool! You can't access this anymore!"
...alright it was more like "We're not letting you access this because we found it had a virus and want to protect you from getting it."
There was no virus, IT was the virus.
Blah.

I tried different ways to uninstall it.
But...my computer was having a freak out.
It would overheat waaaay too quickly,
causing me to get black screens.
sometimes blue screens.
and having it turn off before I could do anything productive.

So, I did the only thing I could.
Grabbed some Jerky to bribe my uncle to help me. ;) lol

He also tried many different things.
With the same results. :(
Nothing.
The virus either wouldn't let us access what we needed,
ooorrrr my computer would shut down.
-which I think was also part of the virus somehow.
That or my computer was trying to protect itself from the virus by continuously shutting down.
Or it was another virus within the virus...
or it was just getting too hot..
or....well you get the idea that we weren't sure why it was happening.
But anything we tried got the same result.
ERROR
Cannot complete this.

We finally had to take the drastic measure.
And install a different version of windows onto my computer.
Which involves completely erasing everything.
And I mean EVERYTHING.
That was on my computer. Y_Y

And if this didn't work.....well I would have been searching for a new computer now. lol.
But luckily!
It worked!
The Virus is gone!
WOOT!
Unfortunately, all my data is as well.

However...I'm not as upset about it as I should be.
Mostly because like 90% of what I had on my computer, I'd put on flash drives at some point.
Or it ended up on facebook. or something.

Still. I did lose a couple of things. Some more recent photos. recent word documents. recent music videos...
And I might lose my Itunes library if I can't figure out how to sync my ipod to my itunes without having to erase what's on my ipod. We'll see how that works out.
I'm sure there are other things I've lost that I can't get back....right now...I have no idea what those might be.
So you could say I can't miss what I had because I can't remember what I had exactly. lol.

It was more like a silent farewell.
"Goodbye everything. Have fun in the Data Underworld."

But I think the one reason that I'm not upset....
Is because of my notebooks.
Recently, all my writing has been done with pen and paper,
and not on word documents.
So the one thing I would have been upset about.
Losing my Stories.
I'm not.
Because I haven't lost them.
They're not on my computer. :D lol.
Yay for Pen and Paper!
It saved the day!
well...my most recent story ideas lol :)

And as my sister once said. "Well...if I've lost it, it means I needed to fix something anyway."
-She's had problems in her own stories on Word, that she doesn't save it right and she loses a chapter here and there on occasion.

Soo whatever I lost...it needed to be fixed anyway. :)

Plus, there is one benefit to starting over fresh.
My computer moves sooo much faster now!!
I have no idea how much data I had stored on my laptop for the past 3ish years that I've had it. But there were files (on flashdrives I'm sure) that hark back to my junior high days. Yah. Totally crazy. And it means I had ALOT of stuff on there...good and bad that just slowed up my computer.
Now...it's so fast!
I mean, I can type and my little blinky line is keeping up with what I'm saying instead of me racing ahead it slowly trying to catch up.

Woot!
Speed!
I love speed!
And once more my 3 year old laptop has become speedy! :D

So overall.
I think this Fresh Start is a good thing for both of us. :)
But we'll see. ;) lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on my way to graduation.....well a belated graduation? It was a ceremony where 'special' students were finally being able to graduate. -I'm not sure how they were special, but basically their graduation had been delayed for various reasons. And so to celebrate that fact, our whole high school graduating class showed back up to act like we were graduating all over again. I showed up in my Trail Blazer, and ran into Ben and Kelly as I was trying to get my cap and gown on. While fighting with a stuffed bunny. -It wasn't alive, but I kept finding it in my hands and I didn't want it there, I wanted to leave it in my car.
I managed to get in line...only to forget something....and got to talking again, only to realize I was late to the ceremony. So I took off running to find my spot. Passing people walking in caps and gowns heading to their assigned entrances. I found Clutter and he handed my cap and gown to me as we walked inside the stadium, but i didn't have time to put it on. However, it suddenly didn't matter. We weren't wearing caps and gowns. So with my cap on my head, i was the oddball. So I quickly took it off as we walked to our seats. I saw that there was space up on the stand, and so I went to sit up there next to another high school friend Brandon. I quickly realized how awkward that was. I was in front of everyone. Plus...somehow that stuffed bunny had gotten into my hands again, so I was trying to hide it from view....

when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment