Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nursery Time

You know what every mother loves?
A clean house.
Quality time.
Help in general.

Did I give my mom these?

Well...not quite but kinda.
I mean...we kept the house cleaner by going out to dinner instead of making a meal.
I did spent tons of time with her :)
And...I helped!

How?

One word.

Nursery.

Dun. Dun. Dun.
You see my mom was going to be the only adult in nursery today.
And...she could have had anywhere between 4-12 kids.
Which...isn't so bad if there are only 4.
But a nightmare if there are 12.

How hard could it be really?
()_()

Uhh...
lol..
Kikay and I came in to help our mom so she could wrangle the kids better.

I don't know how much help we were in the beginning.
Kikay and I kinda just sat there in the rocking chairs looking awkwardly at each other.
Probably thinking the same thing.
"I don't think we're being much help."

I mean...we've both been in college town for years now.
If there are kids in the area...we don't have to deal with them for more then 4 minutes most of the time.
-A lot longer if the parent asks me a ton of questions while I'm at work.
But for a whole two hours.
Kikay and I would be....with toddlers. The 18month-3 year olds.
()_() What were we supposed to do with them!?

lol the good news is...
that the toddlers are pretty self contained.
They see toys. They play.
Though oddly enough...there's not much communication between the toddlers.
O.o
I thought there would be more talking/screaming
But overall...it's a silent thing.
They move into another's space to move them away.
See a toy, they take it.

The main thing is to keep everybody calm, happy, and distracted.
lol.
And once Kikay and I relaxed we actually got into it.
Playing with the toys with them.
Helping to hand out treats.
Kikay was great at tracing kids hands to make hand butterflies for the moms for mothers day.
She was also awesome at reading stories to the kids. (makes sense as she's a writer. lol)
And I...played with the kids with trucks. Also when it was nearly time for the parents to come, I distracted the kids in those final moments by chasing them all over the room. Pretending I was coming after them. (I'm glad they liked that, I loved being chased around as I child.)

All in all.
The 2 hours passed by pretty quickly.
And it was actually alot of fun. :)
A totally different experience dealing with 11 little kids.
I think the easiest time was snack time. lol.
Unlike their teenage counterparts, snack time was the quietest time out of everything.
eerily so.
I mean...you'd expect them to be talking or making noise.
But no. They all quietly ate their crackers and fruit snacks.
Without a sound.
O.O
So Strange!
But great as it was quiet. :) lol

I'm glad Kikay and I were both able to help out our mother today.
I think it helped make her day a bit brighter. :)

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment