Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Escalating

I have the singular opinion.
That Parakeets are evil.

Don't be fooled by their pretty colors, or happy chattering.
Don't be deceived that you can pick up twelve in a row and not hurt.

It's because you picked them up right.
But when you get that next bird in your hands.
It may not be frozen in fear.
It may not be facing away from your hand.
No.
It may be.
Just maybe.
In the perfect position to latch onto a pinchful of skin somewhere on your hand.
And proceed to inflict as much pain as possible.

They won't just grab on once.
Oh no, they will dig in.
Release a tiny itsy bitsy bit.
Adjust.
And dig in again twice as hard.

Letting go of the bird
is no guarantee that they will let go of you.
No you may release them.
They won't release you.
They will cling to you.
Convinced that they are under attack,
and so must attach in return.
It's a singular thinking.
Bite them hard and eventually they will die!
Or you know...let go.
Or...>.> you know...fling them across the room as you yell "OW OW OW OW OW!!"
-Okay, that hasn't happened. Probably won't, I can tap down on that reflex pretty quickly.

But in any case.
My hands have taken a great beating from the parakeets.
One latched onto my palm and wouldn't let go.
Another dug into a finger,
the last into my thumb.

And that's when their motive became clear.
They drew blood today.

Before now, it had just been pinching.
Apparently the war has just escalated.

Beware.
Beware the parakeets.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I dove to take shelter from the attack. It was pretty flimsy shelter. A bit like cardboard and a circus tent set up. There were a bunch of other kids with me too. We were hiding from the bad guys, who wanted to take us prisoner. Unfortunately...I ended up getting caught. And the man placed a bow in my hands and demanded that I shoot at a target. He didn't think I could do it as he thought I was slow of mind. The arrows were short, more like long darts then arrows, and the bow was meant more for a child. Still I pulled the string, and released. It hit to the right of the circle target, striking the tree. This surprised the guy as he didn't think I could hit anything. He had me try again, So I pulled the string, but ended up just throwing the darts by hand. I couldn't get the feel for the bow and arrow concept with these tiny arrows. It was easier to hit the target just by flinging it. Plus, when I pulled the bow back to it's full strength, I ended up cracking it in the middle pieces going in both directions. Still I fit a much longer arrow to the bow, determined to finish this out and prove that I was a better marksmen then the guy thought I was -as I knew I was great, I just refrained from telling him that. I pulled back the string, took aim and...

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

1 comment:

  1. When I had parakeets, there's a reason I left them in their cage. All. The. Time.

    Cockatiels. Now there's a friendly bird!

    ReplyDelete