Sunday, May 5, 2013

Not A Fun Smell

I found it.
A smell at work that will make me gag.

You would think, that working at a Petstore...there would be alot of those.
Especially considering that I have a sensitive gag reflex.

But surprisingly...I've been doing pretty good.
Perhaps I'm mentally able to prepare myself for bad smells in going to work.
and so they don't bug me as much.
I expect it to not smell great...so unless the animal is sick, or extremely dirty...I do fine.

Well...I found one that makes me gag.

You see on Sunday's we feed the snakes.
Frozen mice.
and today was my first day -surprisingly-
that I actually fed the snakes myself.

It's a bit of a time consuming process.
As you have to convince the snakes to eat the mice.

And they won't eat the mice frozen.
Which means you have to warm them up.
The method they use at work is to boil some water, stick the water in a thermos, and then place the mice in their little packaging into the water to get warm.

Not too bad.
You make sure they aren't cold, draw them out of their package. Hold them with giant tweezers by the tail/back foot and wiggle them until the snake strikes at it, if they decide their hungry.

No, the problem comes....
when you accidentally cook the mice.
Leave them in too long and you have a nice broiled mouse.
*shudders*
It's the smell of cooked mouse that made me gag this morning.
Ugh. Not a fun smell.
And I had it stuck in my nose for my entire work shift,
even after I was long done feeding the snakes.
Everything I did,
somehow the smell ended up there as well.

Crazy.
I'm glad that I don't usually work on snake feeding day.
As I don't want to smell that smell for a while. If ever again.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment