Saturday, May 11, 2013

Finally Going Home

You know how I'm extremely fascinated with the hamsters?
It's because I never had one growing up.
So I don't have any experience with having them as a pet whatsoever.
-Which I think is a good thing, as I'm not sure what I would do with it if I did take one home.

In any case.
Because I have a fascination with the hamsters.
I tend to pay more attention to them.
So I know which ones have been there longer then others most of the time. :)

Well.
We had an old timer there.
And by old...I mean he'd been there for months.
Since like a week or so before Christmas.
Yah. Christmas...to May.
That's a reaaaaallllly long time
As all the other cages have cycled through different hamsters at least a dozen times a piece in the mean time.
There used to be two Christmas Hamsters.
But one got sold like a month ago.
Leaving this little guy all by himself.
Which is sad because he's really sweet.

Why wasn't he bought?
Well...
He was a winter white.
He had Russian coloring...

And.... he had red eyes.

I don't know what it is about hamsters and red eyes....
but many people think them creepy and don't want to get them.
Which made it extremely difficult to sell a batch of six winter whites that came in during the Christmas Season. As they all had red eyes.
-It's part of the reason why the white hamsters have trouble getting sold quickly as well, because more often then not, they have red eyes.

Anyways.
I brought up this particular hamster's plight to Reth a couple of times....
But nothing seemed to happen.
So I kinda just let it go.
After all, every hamster finds his home eventually. :)
It just takes some longer then others.

Well.
Yesterday was the day!
I came into work just in time to see him go into the box,
Which was held by a young boy, of 8 or so.

Woot!
The Last Christmas Hamster was bought!!

 

Bye bye Christmas Hamster!
I hope you love your new home!
 
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!
 
-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment