Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Way Inside


Some years ago, some close friends of ours loaned us their cabin in Island Park, Idaho.
When we arrived at the cabin, we found that the key that we had been given to unlock the front door didn't work.
We tried to undo windows and pry open screens, all to no avail.

Suddenly our son Steven, who was about seven years old at the time, shouted to us that he had just successfully opened the front door.
Steven, with a big grin on his face, was standing triumphantly inside the front doorway.
I was amazed.
I asked him how he did that.

He responded with wonderful, childlike spontaneity: "I bowed my head and prayed.
When I looked up, my eyes spotted this big rock by the front steps, and I thought, 'There is a key under that rock.'
And sure enough there it was."
The prayer of a child had been heard.
I thank the Lord for his mother who had taught him to find keys I moments of crisis.

L. Edward Brown -"Pray unto the Father in My Name" -April 1997 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment