Sunday, December 29, 2013

Still Us Three

I knew something was off when I stuck my key into the lock of my door.
Why? Because there was no snick of it unlocking.
It was already unlocked.
Which was weird...because I was almost positive that I had locked the door that morning when I left.
I say almost...because I was nearly late for work and left in a bit of a hurry.
So I may have forgotten to lock the door. Though I highly doubted that.
What I didn't doubt,
was that upon entering my apartment...there were lights on.
Specifically...the hall light...which I never turn on.
O.o
Now unless being sick has made me super delusional....somebody had been in my apartment.
It was confirmed when I glanced down the hallway, and saw that the door to the fourth bedroom was open.
The empty bedroom.
Where no one should be opening said door.
Weird.
Door unlocked. Lights on. Bedroom door open?

Could it be that I had a fourth roomie finally moving in? O.o
I couldn't believe it. Why this weekend?
No. Perhaps my other roommates came home?
I knew one was totally impossible. But the other...maybe she came home from the Christmas break early?
But nothing had been touched.
And it's not like them to leave lights on and doors open.

Maybe office people came in to do some sort of maintenance or cleaning in prep for a fourth roommate moving in?
But they would usually leave a note, email, notice that they would enter the apartment.

Soo were we getting another roommate? Or am I just crazy cus I'm not feeling well?
I mean, the place was totally empty.
No one else was home.
Nothing was taken, so that rules out thieves as well.

In the end.
I called the office. And asked "Hey, did you let anyone into my apartment today? I found the door unlocked and lights on when I got home."
The answer?
Yes. Yes they had.

Apparently, a fourth roommate was going to move in.
But then...she switched rooms.
An opening opened up on the first floor, and she liked that option better, so she moved into the floor.
It may be easy access. I mean, no stairs to climb. Though the view isn't as great....

But I'm guessing the reason for the switch is...
Well...
My apartment is/was quite messy.
^^;; Heh....
I mean...Christmas basically had a party in the living room, as well as random odds and ends because I've been living in front of the tv just to try and get better, with dishes in the sink, the kitchen kinda wonky with more Christmas odds and ends...and well....I'm going to use the excuse that I haven't been feeling well to my reasoning for not keeping the apartment nice.
(Plus...I hate cleaning...)
I mean, I totally intended to clean...at some point...just to give my roomies a nice welcome when they get back.
But how was I supposed to know that I would be getting a possible move in over the break? O.o I thought I had the place to myself. To do whatever I wanted to.
...Hmmm I may have to rethink that. I mean, next weekend may bring in another possible roommate.
And I should probably give them a better welcome then this mystery nonroommate had.
*shrugs*
We'll see.

In the end. I don't mind not having a fourth roomie.
Because she didn't leave a good impression.
I mean. Door unlocked? Lights left on?
What if all of us had been gone for the break! Anybody could have walked in at any time, taken anything. And plus our bills would have gone up because the lights would have been left on 24/7.
>.< Yes. Not impressed at all.

So, my roommates fears that they'd come back to a fourth roommate, will go unrealized for now. :)
Thanks, most likely, to my procrastination of cleaning the apartment. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at my grandparents home trying to set up their Christmas Tree, only...my grandma wasn't satisfied with the tree I'd picked out. So she sent me back up to pick out another Christmas tree. There were like three different types of trees already pre set up up there, and I had no idea which one would please her the best....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :) 

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment