Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mall Shopping

Whew.
Who knew that shopping could be so much more exhausting than working?
I certainly didn't.
Of course, I usually don't spend that much time shopping.
But today, I decided to get all the gifts I needed to get.
Since after today shopping will probably only get crazier.
At first, I was just wandering around, didn't buy anything at the first couple of stops. Which was frustrating, because I thought I would, and it's depressing when you don't.
Or when the game plan has to change when you can't find what you were looking for in the first place.
But then I got really into it.
Literally, I ended up in a perfume shop and I'm sure those fragrances have permeated my coat. *shakes head* lol
And then, when I couldn't find the one thing I wanted to...I just started to flag.
Needless to say. I'm really glad that I'm finally home. A little poorer, but with most of my gifts bought. ^^ Woot!
Hopefully I won't need to do this again anytime soon.
Though I did find it interesting.
That every year, I seem to find everything I need to get in one store. It's totally crazy.
This year, it was Barnes and Noble.
Last year, it was Hobby Lobby.
Who knows what it will be next year. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was about to head to bed as it was super early in the morning, when my next door neighbor Mandi, dropped by and asked if I wanted to come to a performance at the local school with her. I said sure, and went, and we ended up staying up all night, I ran into my mother and brother in the audience, and my mom was like "What are you doing here! You need to get some sleep." And I was like "I'm okay." It was 11:30am at this point. "I can stay up." But she and my brother disagreed. They told me there wasn't any reason for me to be there, and that I wasn't going to miss anything. After confirming this with Mandi, and took my family's advice and headed back home to sleep. I ended up waking up around 8 or 9pm with the realization that I hadn't accomplished anything -namely Christmas shopping- that I'd planned for my day off. Instead I'd slept the day away.
There was an old gravestone near a park..amusement park maybe? That had the name of a brother on it. His surviving brother went to the gravestone to take a picture with him. Then in the visual of a series of photographs, the scene changed, showing the brother in the same spot, smiling, but a cactus appeared, growing bigger and bigger, eventually covering the gravestone. The cactus had a face on it, that probably of the deceased brother. And as the cactus grew, it grew into the living brother, sneakily moving in under the clothes, somehow growing into the skin. At first the living brother didn't realize, but as the images progressed his facial expression became a bit pained and he tried to fight it. But by then it was too late. Until the cactus stood there with the living brother's head among it's many 'branches' until in the end just stood the cactus. I was able to flip back and forth between the pictures and change my view point so I could see a frontal and a back view of the change and just how the cactus managed to make this living brother apart of it.
I ended up in a school, we were in groups of three doing presentations. My group consisted of myself, Ryan Kent, and a younger version of my Aunt Anna. and we had to do three different short scenes depicting a scene from three books/movies that we'd learned. I was the princess from Sleeping Beauty, Ryan -my prince, and Aunt Anna was part of a different story. We hadn't realized that we actually needed to act out scenes, and so hadn't prepared that, but when a different group went up to also perform a scene from Sleeping Beauty we had to scramble to make things work. Where Ryan and I would do the dancing scene at the end of the movie, and then Anna and I would do a tap dance of the 'first meeting' from the story she was in, and...idr what Anna and Ryan were going to do, but we had to change the plan when Ryan said that he had to leave early, and so Taylor Mill was going to jump in and help, so he and I were going to do the musical number, then he and Anna would do the dance scene, but I had no idea how Anna and I could do a scene together my mind went blank between us and I feared we were going to fail because of that...

But then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment