Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hamburgers!

It was a spur of the moment sort of thing.

I had left work on a longer lunch break, to go grab myself a hot meal. Myself and another person who had requested that I bring him back a sandwich.
Which had me thinking about my other coworkers I'd left at work.
We were small in numbers that night. Hardly anyone scheduled.

Maybe I could grab food for everyone. And not break the bank.
So upon arriving at my chosen food spot. I looked more fully at the menu, to see what inexpensive things they offered.
Maybe some inexpensive sundaes? Did everyone like ice cream though?
Maybe they wanted something more filling...
That's when I saw it.
Something called "A Bag of Burgers."
Which basically was 5 burgers for about a dollar each.
Perfect!
There were only 5 people on the floor!
But wait.... I remembered one of them maybe mentioning that they were vegetarian.
So, just in case they were, I grabbed a fry for them to eat.

Returning to the store a little while later.
I immediately handed out hamburgers to everyone in the store.
All reacted with surprise and disbelief.

And then I reached the possible vegetarian.
"Do you like hamburgers?" I asked.
She smiled and shook her head. "No, I'm vegetarian."
I grinned. "Great! I thought so, so I got fries for you."
The surprise on her face was priceless. "You remembered! No one remembers, I couldn't even get my boyfriend to remember that I'm vegetarian, and you did and I don't recall even mentioning it to you!" Even better, I managed to get her fries she loves to eat. ^^ lol. But she did mention it to me, it was an offhand comment while we were talking, so it makes sense that she didn't remember telling me it.

However, the best moment of the night.
Was when I got back to the cashier after officially coming back from my lunch break.
And he told me.
"I had been having such a bad day, and then you walked in and gave me a hamburger, Sarnic, you made my night!"
Awww ^^ lol he offered to get me a drink sometime. We'll see if he does, but really I don't care if he doesn't. It was worth it to me.
To know that a random impulse to get everyone food, ended up making one person's bad day turn into a good day.
It's a good feeling. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment